PDA

View Full Version : helpppppp!!!!!!!

01boneless
03-10-2011, 12:19 PM
hey guys i need so help my ? is the little wire that runs into the side of the motor by the front sproket for the neutral light if thats making bad connection will it make the quad run bad? like mine it idals good but boggs at mid to full throttle please !!!!help if so where can i get that wire?

CJM
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
No, that has nothing to do with the wire.

Its running bad either b/c of the fuel used, the jetting is off or something else. But bogging is usually a jetting problem.

Take the carb apart and clean it.

Black450ER
03-10-2011, 12:46 PM
What would make you believe your neutral indicator wiring would make your quad run bad at 1/2 to full throttle? I'm just trying to follow your troubleshooting.

01boneless
03-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Black450ER
What would make you believe your neutral indicator wiring would make your quad run bad at 1/2 to full throttle? I'm just trying to follow your troubleshooting.

i was just wondering lol the light comes on but it donsent make good connection on the side of the motor lol idk

01boneless
03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by CJM
No, that has nothing to do with the wire.

Its running bad either b/c of the fuel used, the jetting is off or something else. But bogging is usually a jetting problem.

Take the carb apart and clean it.

it ran great until i filled it with 93 gas which is what its always run could i have got a batch of bad gas? also the timming chain is VERY strched could it have jumped out of time? idk

trailrider894
03-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
it ran great until i filled it with 93 gas which is what its always run could i have got a batch of bad gas? also the timming chain is VERY strched could it have jumped out of time? idk

Easliy coulda jumped a tooth... why didn't you replace the chain already?

CJM
03-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Its possible it jumped time, you need to replace the chain, guides and timing chain auto tensioner-looking about 150 bucks in parts if you do it yourself. Dont skimp on this, if you do and it busts it could bend the valves which is very bad.

Also could be bad gas, but it would run badly throughout the throttle range I would think.

01boneless
03-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Easliy coulda jumped a tooth... why didn't you replace the chain already?

its in the shop as we speak thanks bud

400exmxrider15
03-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Come on brother!!! You need to replace that timing chain. If I would have known about the crf450 chain I would have gotten one, but instead, I got a Wiseco. Go on servicehonda.com and get a new tensioner, guides for the 400ex, then go to a 2002 Crf450r parts diagram and get the Timing chain, it should be the same amount of links (112). It will cause more heart-ache if you do not replace it. Its an easy task and took me about 2 hours from disassembling to assembling. You really do not need to be mechanically inclined to do it. As long as you have ratchet, sockets, torque wrench, and some silicon, you will do fine. Service manual will be the best thing to buy since it does have all the proper specs. Take your time. I'd say that your problem is jetting mostly.

01boneless
03-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Its possible it jumped time, you need to replace the chain, guides and timing chain auto tensioner-looking about 150 bucks in parts if you do it yourself. Dont skimp on this, if you do and it busts it could bend the valves which is very bad.

Also could be bad gas, but it would run badly throughout the throttle range I would think.

thanks bud you helped alot its in the shop now getting a wiesco cam chain a tentioner gaskets valves are being adjusted retimmed and two new valve cover bolts cause they stripped oh and a new intake boot so ill be ready to go lol PS do you know how to install a pro armor kill switch? i dont want to start a new thread asking lol

01boneless
03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 400exmxrider15
Come on brother!!! You need to replace that timing chain. If I would have known about the crf450 chain I would have gotten one, but instead, I got a Wiseco. Go on servicehonda.com and get a new tensioner, guides for the 400ex, then go to a 2002 Crf450r parts diagram and get the Timing chain, it should be the same amount of links (112). It will cause more heart-ache if you do not replace it. Its an easy task and took me about 2 hours from disassembling to assembling. You really do not need to be mechanically inclined to do it. As long as you have ratchet, sockets, torque wrench, and some silicon, you will do fine. Service manual will be the best thing to buy since it does have all the proper specs. Take your time. I'd say that your problem is jetting mostly.

lol nice to here from my ken folk lol ya its in the shop as we speak getting a wiesco chain tetioner gaskets intake boot and all so i should be good to go ohh and to new valve cover bolts lol

trailrider894
03-10-2011, 01:42 PM
lol nice to here from my ken folk lol ya its in the shop as we speak getting a wiesco chain tetioner gaskets intake boot and all so i should be good to go ohh and to new valve cover bolts lol

I am tellin ya... do your own work man...

01boneless
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
I am tellin ya... do your own work man...

if i had time maybe but it only cost 250 buck instead of 400 still pricey though lol thanks

400exmxrider15
03-10-2011, 01:46 PM
thanks bud you helped alot its in the shop now getting a wiesco cam chain a tentioner gaskets valves are being adjusted retimmed and two new valve cover bolts cause they stripped oh and a new intake boot so ill be ready to go lol PS do you know how to install a pro armor kill switch? i dont want to start a new thread asking lol

Yes and no, I believe the Pro Armor and Pro Design are just about the same, but i soldered my hot wire to a black/yellow wire coming out of the CDI. I grounded the other wire to my fender mount, but it will not work if there is dirt, rust, or paint on the metal surface( you may need to take sandpaper and clean it up). Thats really all i know about the kill switchs. As long as the Pro Armor kit tells you which wire is hot, you can pretty much pin point where the ground wire is...

01boneless
03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by 400exmxrider15
Yes and no, I believe the Pro Armor and Pro Design are just about the same, but i soldered my hot wire to a black/yellow wire coming out of the CDI. I grounded the other wire to my fender mount, but it will not work if there is dirt, rust, or paint on the metal surface( you may need to take sandpaper and clean it up). Thats really all i know about the kill switchs. As long as the Pro Armor kit tells you which wire is hot, you can pretty much pin point where the ground wire is...

ok thanks dude

honda400ex2003
03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
pro armor will hook up the same way as the pro design one

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=411015

steve

sheweezy
03-10-2011, 07:32 PM
now this is off topic, and in no way are saying this was your quads problem...but your neutral light wire is nothing but a ground wire...so if it continues to not have a good connection or pop off, you can bolt it somewhere with bare metal