PDA

View Full Version : Engine Assembly Lube, Molybdenum or no?

2001400exrida
03-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm trying to figure out what type of lube to use (cams, clutch parts, bearings) and i've come up with a few different options.

In the manual it specifically calls for Molybdenum oil solution. Is this a mix of Molybdenum grease and motor oil?

I've also heard of people using Regular motor oil, or just Engine Assembly Lube. I'm looking for the stuff with Molybdenum.

I can get this stuff at autozone and then mix it 50/50 with motor oil to make the "solution", correct?

What do you guys use?

CJM
03-09-2011, 10:15 PM
The only thing I used engine assembly lube on is when i do a topend I put it where the cam rides, thats it. Otherwise I lube everything else with fresh motor oil.

crownandmonster
03-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Just soak the clutches over night in the engine oil you are going to run. As far as the cam goes we always use assembly lube ( its actually clevite bearing assembly lube- My dad uses it on all the v-8s he builds)

2001400exrida
03-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Ok, just wondering.

Page 9-8 of the service manual calls for it on the clutch outer guide. I took my clutch off to change the cam chain and guides, i plan to use assembly lube on the cam.