PDA

View Full Version : Nerf bar interchangeablility?

Aarons 01 400EX
03-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Will nerf bars from a 450r fit on a 400 or vice verses?

TheLane
03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Without modding a lot of modding, no.

finsteratv
03-10-2011, 08:29 PM
sorry the lane but INCORRECT
most 450r nerfs that use a tube across the frame will work. but if they use motormounts then you're SOL. hope that helped some, im in the same boat.

TheLane
03-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Sorry finster, but NOT wrong.

There will 9/10 be some sort of modification required to mount them even if its drilling new mount holes.

In which case you will want to drill the mount holes a little bit larger to move it over. Then your going to want to reenforce the previous holes original location to avoid it being too weak and bending or your bars flopping around due to the bolt not having a solid hole to seat over

If you mount straight bars on them without modding them they have the potential to be too small/large and get stress cracks due to the pressure. (even if you cant see it, the metal will weaken over time)

And the last thing you need is to land on your nerf bars and have them crack. Not pretty.

So my point still stands.

finsteratv
03-11-2011, 08:10 PM
nerf bars with no engine mounts, frame mount only that replace original peg's work. 400ex,450r pegs are interchangable. and ones that bolt to the pegs it wouldnt surprise me if they work too.
agree to disagree i guess but ive heard from more that it works...just sayin.

TheLane
03-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Ever tried it yourself? :)

450Rida
03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
anything will fit with the right tools!

finsteratv
03-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Ever tried it yourself? :)
not trying to be a smart @$$ kid here
why dont you try it and tell me it doesnt work then we can both come back with results :). i might be picking up a set of 450r proarmors this weekend if it pans out. ive seen pictures that show ZERO modifications required....jus sayin.

wild250rman
03-12-2011, 03:25 AM
i had a set of pro armor sport series nerfs i bought for my 400 ex they mount to the lower rear a-arm bolt and to the foot pegs. sold it and kept the nerf bars and mounted them right up to my 05 trx 450r recently sold it now they are on my 88 trx 250r. don't know if the pro peg types will work but those have worked fine for me i didn't even have to drill new holes in the mounting plates for either quad.

TheLane
03-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by finsteratv
not trying to be a smart @$$ kid here
why dont you try it and tell me it doesnt work then we can both come back with results :). i might be picking up a set of 450r proarmors this weekend if it pans out. ive seen pictures that show ZERO modifications required....jus sayin.

I have tried it.

im not going to get into a pissing match with some kid on a forum who has never even tried what hes arguing about. Im done with this thread.

Good luck aarons. Hope you got the info you needed.

finsteratv
03-12-2011, 10:59 AM
hey thelane look at the post above yours..

@WILD250RMAN what model were those? i have a 400 now and planning on getting a 450 in a year or so. it would be nice to find some nerfs that i could do the same you did!

Aarons 01 400EX
03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
The reason I ask is because I want some reasonable priced pro armor nerfs in black, but the don't seem to make them anymore, but they are available for 450's.

TheLane
03-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Finster that's why I said 9/10, some
Might fit. So from now on until you've done something yourself don't tell someone who has they are wrong.

finsteratv
03-12-2011, 04:18 PM
alright mom :rolleyes:
im just saying if you take into consideration (peg mounts, how it crosses frame) the different factors they fit. at the beginning i said tubular style which crosses frame with ZERO motormounts and mounts to pegs will fit. pegs are interchangable check...nerfs cross frame and dont use motormounts check. there are the guidelines for 450r nerfs on a 400ex. I DID NOT SAY ALL WOULD WORK i gave requirements. i did not say all nerfs would work...sorry if thelane and i jacked the thread.

TheLane
03-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Kid, your rediculous.

finsteratv
03-13-2011, 08:30 PM
i said some would work.. for the reason being you said none would. i gave requirements and have facts to back it up.
dont say im rediculous, i work on my bikes and my familys bikes since my dad works alot. i have plenty of research time on this particular subject. thank you