PDA

View Full Version : 08 ds 450x

Curtis300ex
03-09-2011, 04:38 PM
i was talking to my local dealer about getting a ds450 and i told him to look for a leftover, he found me an 08 ds 450x thats been sitting in the showroom at another dealer that he can have transfered in. now keep in mind i live in nothern new england and they dont stray too much away from the MSRP around here... he told me a price of 6100. is that a good price considering my area? also, are there any recalls for that year that i could have done free of charge before i even get the machine?

thanks!

motox_rider695
03-09-2011, 08:39 PM
6100 is crazy! When i was lookin at dealers they were selling 08s for about 4500-5300

450Rida
03-09-2011, 11:21 PM
theres a recall on flywheel, bolts, clutch springs i think, and resivor tank. its a good machine, havent had any problems but change my oil, clean filter, and adjust valves all the time

Curtis300ex
03-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by motox_rider695
6100 is crazy! When i was lookin at dealers they were selling 08s for about 4500-5300

as much as i would love to get it for that, they wont budge lower than 6100, a new 2011 was gonna cost me 8500, i called 4 or 5 dealers on a couple different machines (700xx, outlaw 525 ect) and every single one of them wouldnt budge much lower then the MSRP.. like 300 less or so. to me, from the prices ive seen in my area its a good deal, cause you gotta remember, up here EVERYONE has a 4x4. my local dealer who im buying this one from actually told me that this is the first ds450 they have ever sold, they havent even had one at all.

ml450r
03-16-2011, 07:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have brand new 2008 DS 450s in stock. Base models for 4400 or x package for 4900. We can also get you set up on the racer program and get you huge discount on parts and a free stage 1 kit. Call Curtis 903-454-4440 ask for me Curtis.

I saw this on another site.........He is in texas, I assume you could ship it for around $500.... doesn't end up saving you a whole lot...my be worth the extra to have a dealer close to you.

Is The 2011 an mx or base model....if it is an mx I would pay for the 2011..imo

Curtis300ex
03-17-2011, 03:58 PM
the 2011 was a ds 450X XC as i wouldnt be racing it anyway i wouldnt need the MX version. but i already picked up the 2008, i got the updates (flywheel bolts and rear motor mount) done and he said he would do the 10 hour maintenace free of charge so i think thats a pretty decent deal. i mean i could of gotten a better deal if i looked for a dealer 10 hours away or so, but its not worth my effort honestly, i dont mind paying for convience, not to mention i work at the local parts store, and my can am dealer is also a gas station and a vehicle repair shop, so i work with them on a daily basis. i like to keep things local if i can

TNT
03-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Theres more updates, you should do a search on the shift fork assy, tranny gears, clutch, front and HIP frame, swing arm bushing, limp mode setting's, to name a few.

ML450R owns a dealership now? :D....hook em up!!

805ds
03-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by TNT
Theres more updates, you should do a search on the shift fork assy, tranny gears, clutch, front and HIP frame, swing arm bushing, limp mode setting's, to name a few.

So!! Mr TNT!!
I have seen your articles and noticed you know a lot about this quads!
When you say updates! are they upgrades or dealer performed updates?

Another thing,is the clutch,flywheel,etc.,covered by the manufacturer warranty?
I own a 2008 Ds 450x,up to now I had no issues only one is ,clutch chatter,but in all it works fine!

805ds
03-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by TNT

So!! Mr TNT!!
I have seen your articles and noticed you know a lot about this quads!
When you say updates! are they upgrades or dealer performed updates?

Another thing,is the clutch,flywheel,etc.,covered by the manufacturer warranty?
I own a 2008 Ds 450x,up to now I had no issues only one is ,clutch chatter,but in all it works fine!

Curtis300ex
03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
yeah i know about the clutch update, but im just gonna run it a season (if it holds up for a season, it should, im not racing just trail riding) in the fall i will get the whole clutch redone. and as far as the frame update goes, the only people that seem to be breaking those is racers, and like i said im just trail riding with friends, i mean we do ride hard sometimes but not at the level that racers put their quads through.

TNT
03-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Just amazing how people think out there. The clutch and the rest of the issues I mention could care less if you are a racer or not. I've seen rec riders blow the clutch which can cause $100's if not $1,000 in engine damage. Thats the big one, any billet clutch basket solves it, 2009-9 makes it better.

08 tranny bad design, 09 wider gears or you need a 3rd gear mod....maybe less riskey then the clutch but upgrade asap. Like the rest, it depends more of the tolerances your particular quad was built to not whether you race or not.

The rear sleeve the swing bolt goes through will help keep the engine case fillet close from cracking, again depends on tolerances, if it does you can weld it. Put some JB weld or Devcon there now....do a search...

Shift fork assy, false nuetral if you see it do a search.

Frame front I seen a 12 year old girl rec rider crack it. Get the 2010-2011 reenforcement update, it's cheap. Do a search. HIP brp sells or you crack it or a sub frame, crack the HIP you are into some $$$.

Limp, get the update to raise the temp or as your cooling sys wears you'll see it...do a search on how to keep out of limp.

So some you do others just depends on the dealer in most cases if they will work with you....prior to sale is best if you search and do your homework.

We been over this stuff so much out here I'm worn out :D

You get the 08 cheap for more reasons than one.....

Hope that helps point you all in the right direction :D