PDA

View Full Version : bumper

Rancher2005
03-09-2011, 03:57 PM
this is a stupid Question and i am sure every one will just tell me to buy one but i am good at welding and have some extra pipe lying around and want to fab up my own .......i was wondering if anybody had any ideas or specs on an iron cross bumper let me know i just wanna do my own thing and not buy one

Stark
03-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Rancher2005
this is a stupid Question and i am sure every one will just tell me to buy one but i am good at welding and have some extra pipe lying around and want to fab up my own .......i was wondering if anybody had any ideas or specs on an iron cross bumper let me know i just wanna do my own thing and not buy one

Well... if you're wanting to do your own thing.... why ask for an idea?!?!

finsteratv
03-09-2011, 05:25 PM
i've actually thought of doing the same :D
i was thinking about modifying the stocker and utilizing the mounts it already has. the conclusion i came too is that it might get a little heavy. but im sure i could build a pretty effin strong xc bumper :macho

BenHonda400ex
03-09-2011, 05:26 PM
I think it would just be simpler just to buy the bumper. It would be really hard to get it to look like the Iron Cross, but hey go for it.. I just got a Iron Cross If you want me to I would measure out the lengths

Rancher2005
03-09-2011, 06:10 PM
if u could measure the angels an the lenghts that would be great thanx thats what i was lookin for

tri5ron
03-09-2011, 06:22 PM
doing your own thing always carries a greater degree of pride, and admiration.
change it up a little bit, so that it is not mistaken for a mass produced model.

finsteratv
03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
doing your own thing always carries a greater degree of pride, and admiration.
change it up a little bit, so that it is not mistaken for a mass produced model.
EXACTLY and alot of the time they tend to be more cost effective :cool: