PDA

View Full Version : Gt thunder stroker engine

thebig450es
03-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Who has one? What type of power is it putting down.

Pipeless416
03-10-2011, 11:32 AM
NacsMXer has a GTT 452...

Me=Jealous. :)

thebig450es
03-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Of course....me too. Id like to find a dyno sheet for the gt452

thebig450es
03-31-2011, 10:02 AM
Im going to see Laz monday with my engine, im going to have the basic kit done with a race Port and Polish, HD head studs, CRF cam chain. I'm thinking larger valves also, what do you guys think? Anything else when he's in there? Im not sure what type of 110 i should run. I still need to get a 450r carb and zr adapter lol. Busy next few weeks comming up.

NacsMXer
03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by thebig450es
Im going to see Laz monday with my engine, im going to have the basic kit done with a race Port and Polish, HD head studs, CRF cam chain. I'm thinking larger valves also, what do you guys think? Anything else when he's in there? Im not sure what type of 110 i should run. I still need to get a 450r carb and zr adapter lol. Busy next few weeks comming up.

Nice man! I've only seen two other people that had this kit before in their 400, you won't be disappointed.

He recommended the +1mm intake valves when he built mine. Once you get the larger 450 carb, the larger intake valves, race port, cam, and higher compression will all work together to make some serious power. The bigger valves are not a must, but if you think about it, doing all the other work but leaving the stock valves there makes it somewhat of a choke point.

Also have him check out your tranny components real well while everything is apart. If you have any worn/bent parts like shift forks/dogs now is the time to replace them. Any type of 110 leaded should be good, Laz could give you some better suggestions on that. I just started running a 50/50 mix of pump premium 93 and 110 leaded and it has worked pretty well.

Good luck with the build, prepare for a torque monster! :devil:

thebig450es
03-31-2011, 10:20 AM
I've been saving up for a long time to do this , id like to do it all at once by laz, to have a reliable power monster. Id rather not take short cuts in doing this lol. Id like to do the delux kit but thats really adding some to the total price, plus i think i can add the clutch and things like that later on. Im having a hard time finding a dyno around me to get it tuned. What jetting are you running Nacs?