PDA

View Full Version : HEMI multi displacement engine

gitrdonechevy25
03-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Hey guys thinking of buyin a 08 Dodge Hemi with the multi displacement engine. Does anybody have pros/cons on these motors and what kind of fuel mileage do you see. Thanks

Canadian144
03-09-2011, 11:39 AM
We were looking at getting one when they first came out. From what I remember reading, most people say they didn't see much of an improvement in real life for fuel efficiency. Only really on the highway, with no incline, going at a constant 60/70mph, with nothing in tow.

quadrider
03-09-2011, 02:09 PM
I had a brand new 06. bought it with 19 miles on it. dodge took it back with 10,000 miles on it. if that tells you anything... something with the MDS was messed up, i was getting 13mpg on the highway and 9mpg in town and had a ear piecing squeal coming from the motor which was embarrassing going through drive Thurs ext... it was in the shop more than i drove it and since i wasn't 21 at the time they couldn't give me a loaner, so i had a brand new truck i was paying for and never got to use for a year. after a lot of fighting with dodge they took it back under lemon laws and i got a cummins and never looked back. i know lots of people that had luck with them just not me.

BlaineKaiser450
03-09-2011, 04:14 PM
My mom has an 07, it gets around 19mpg and runs pretty strong

gitrdonechevy25
03-09-2011, 05:39 PM
looks like i will be stickin with my diesel. I have a 02 duramax now and now will be getting a cummins. I can get better mileage with a diesel while still pulling my atv and snowmobile trailer. Thanks guys