PDA

View Full Version : 250R RPM Dominator Axle ?

riotact
03-08-2011, 02:06 PM
I bought a very nice axle off Ebay that was supposed to be for a 400ex,well...it ended up being a 250r axle.I know I need 250r rear hubs and castle nuts,but it looks like it is missing a clip,spacer or both right behind the sprocket hub.Can someone verify this for me?Without a clip or spacer,the sprocket hub hits the bearing carrier and is not centered with the swing arm.I put a 1/4" spacer in there,assembled the brake hub,lock nut and put the caliper on and it was spot on centered and everything lined up perfect.

riotact
03-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Team-RPM
03-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Rio,
Looks like you are missing the seal surface that goes on the carrier side end of the sprocket hub.

riotact
03-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Would that happen to come in the axle hardware kit that RPM sells or is there a separate part number for that?http://www.team-rpm.com/axle_hardware_kits.htm

I've searched the past couple days and I cant find anything out on this axle ,except it will fit the 400ex with the 250r hubs and nuts but its not going to fit without something behind that sprocket hub.Thanks for the help :cool:

riotact
03-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Team-RPM
Rio,
Looks like you are missing the seal surface that goes on the carrier side end of the sprocket hub.

Is this the piece you were referring to?If it is,that is exactly what I need.This is the same hub I have too,the race hub.Can I order that spacer separately or do I have to order the whole set?

Team-RPM
03-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Our axle hardware kits do not include a new seal surface. The hardware kits include new hitch pins, castle nuts, and spacers that go on the end to space out your wheel hubs.

If you need that seal surface feel free to give us a call, and we can get you taken care of. I do not believe it is currently on our web site.

riotact
03-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks alot for the help and I'll be giving you a call later this week :D