PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in florida?

jesseweaver
03-08-2011, 05:59 AM
I think im taking my r6 down to Florida with a couple friends and their bikes next weekend or something haha we're dieing to ride. So I was wondering where to go? Some place with beaches and lots of people but still with lots of good road to take the bikes on. Daytona? I've never stayed anywhere in florida except palm beach, Miami, and the keys so i don't know much about it. We were also thinking about stopping at tail of the dragon on the way down. Worth it?

And no i can't take my yzf down :( I'd rather do that but none of my friends race

jake55
03-08-2011, 07:35 AM
the dragon is a great road!!!!! watch out for the dang sports cars though. you get a bunch of old timers driving mazda miata's and they tend to hug and or cross the center line. stay to the right side of your lane and let it rip!!!!!

440racer66
03-08-2011, 10:18 AM
i woulnt waste my time with the gap. it used to be fun until they put up camaras. now you just get tickets in the mail. but if you just want to ride the twisties go for it but i would just ride around in carolina you can find really good roads and not have all the traffic.

jesseweaver
03-08-2011, 03:14 PM
yea idk if we're gonna stop at deals gap. we're just looking for good roads near big cities in florida. either daytona or miami or something?

buck440
03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by jake55
the dragon is a great road!!!!! watch out for the dang sports cars though. you get a bunch of old timers driving mazda miata's and they tend to hug and or cross the center line. stay to the right side of your lane and let it rip!!!!!

isn't there a road in kentucky like that?

mildtowildracin
03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
i live in fl about 30 min from the beach, st augustine is really nice, jacksonville beach is also if you go to the right part. daytona is always fun. id say either daytona or st.augustine