PDA

View Full Version : 400ex engine work and other

45boggs438
03-08-2011, 05:56 AM
hey guys i have a couple stripped bolt on my head cover and i was wondering usually how much does the shop charge for each bolt also what would be some good trail riding mods other than skids and stuff

ridehonda400ex
03-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by 45boggs438
hey guys i have a couple stripped bolt on my head cover and i was wondering usually how much does the shop charge for each bolt also what would be some good trail riding mods other than skids and stuff

Tire balls, or slime. Call me nuts but slime has saved my *** more than a few times

45boggs438
03-08-2011, 06:49 AM
yea slime works great i use it on all my tires

skip426
03-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Slime is a good safety net. I rin it in everyting. Another good trail mod is to drop your front srocket a tooth if your still running 20" rear tires. I do this and with me riding style i can stay in 3rd almost the whole time. Also, a good set of wheels. Don't waste money buying just a name. Get a good solid wheel. This seems to be the thing friends and I go through the most. Nerf bars are a plus for helping with the sticks and ander brush down, also helps slide off rocks instead of getting hung up as much.

CJM
03-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Those bolts go all the way in some cases into the cylinder. They can be helicoiled or tapped for the next size up (1/4" or 7mm). Shop would probably charge you 50-75 bucks or less.

Reason they stripped, NEVER EVER EVER tighten them without a torque wrench. They only need 7 foot pounds of torque-which is nothing. Over tighten them and they pull out of the soft aluminum the top ends made out of.