PDA

View Full Version : number decals

8secnotch
03-07-2011, 07:13 PM
I just got my number decals in and was wonder what is the easiest way to install them. When I install a decal on anything I usually use a soapy water mist then install the decal then squeagy the bubbles out the hit it with a heat gun to get it to dry. Does anyone have a better idea or a easier way?

trailrider894
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 8secnotch
I just got my number decals in and was wonder what is the easiest way to install them. When I install a decal on anything I usually use a soapy water mist then install the decal then squeagy the bubbles out the hit it with a heat gun to get it to dry. Does anyone have a better idea or a easier way?

Thats the best way, although when placing a decal on a curved surface, i have found that using the heat gun while applying is the best bet.

scotturban
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I never got it to work that good using water, seemed to make it harder then easier, just my opinion, We just put them on dry and if its not in right spot or having problems bring out the heat gun/blow dryer... I tryed the wet technique with the attack graphics application kit, spray bottle full of??? and squeegee and found it harder then dry, just my opinion...