View Full Version : Pro X jets

JRN2786
03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Are the Pro X jets for the stock carb equivalent to keihin's? i understand that some brand of jets use different numbers for the same size jet if that makes sense

CJM
03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Never even heard of them, I dont trust anything but OEM keihin or equivalent that jetsrus sells. Other carbs can use dynojets or whatever ok but the ones our bikes use are picky buggers and only seem to like OEM

AtvKid4Eva
03-07-2011, 02:55 PM
def. stick with keihin.

JRN2786
03-07-2011, 03:44 PM
OK oh well guess I'll see how they work I already ordered them from Rocky Mountain here's the link
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&vehicleId=3011&navTitle=Intake%2FFuel&webTypeId=454&webCatId=16&prodFamilyId=24374

CJM
03-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Appears to be a keihin OEM equivalent, only time will tell for sure tho.

trailrider894
03-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I have dynojets, is there any benefit to swapping??

CJM
03-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
I have dynojets, is there any benefit to swapping??

I went over this with steve for awhile trail and we came to one conclusion: although they arent bad jets, they for some reason induce a bog on these carbs no matter how much you adjust or play with them. I had a lowend bog and just couldnt get rid of it. Swapped to OEM and have had no problems.

I think its the carbs they use, others have no issues with other makes of bikes, but hondas just dont like DJ.

www.jetsrus.com sells everything you need, they arent super cheap but decent-but you get good jets!

JRN2786
03-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I will let you know how they work and look compared to my current jets and if i have any issues. I just hope they put out the same fuel as keihins.

honda400ex2003
03-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I went over this with steve for awhile trail and we came to one conclusion: although they arent bad jets, they for some reason induce a bog on these carbs no matter how much you adjust or play with them. I had a lowend bog and just couldnt get rid of it. Swapped to OEM and have had no problems.

I think its the carbs they use, others have no issues with other makes of bikes, but hondas just dont like DJ.

www.jetsrus.com sells everything you need, they arent super cheap but decent-but you get good jets!

as marc said and ill add this:
the key is that dj stuff runs great with a filter and slip on. after anything over a stock bore, you run into issues with the taper on the dj needle. it is a leaner needle which either puts it in a lean position or a rich position compared to a stock one. this then makes it impossible to get the correct ratio when running on the needle since it is either too lean or too rich.

so if you plan to do nothing more than a filter and slip on with possibly an open lid, the dj kit is perfect for you. if you want to do a bore or something in the future keep the keihin stuff and work with that.

steve

CJM
03-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Personally after seeing how stupid the DJ setup is and how cheap you can get a jetsrus kit for ($30 bucks!), I dont think its even worth it to buy the DJ kit.

Ridiculous
10-20-2011, 07:25 PM
so what's the verdict on these jets? the pro x ones.

i ordered some tonight cause of the price. but now i'm wondering if the numbers for pro x are the same as keihin???

CJM
10-20-2011, 08:08 PM
I wont use anything but genuine keihin jets.

I guess pro-x are ok. For future reference www.jetsrus.com sells keihin jets and a whole host of other stuff.

Ridiculous
10-21-2011, 06:34 PM
well i already ordered them so i guess i'll find out for myself.

and i DO know about jets r us, but no-one DOES know about my financial situation...so there...

finsteratv
10-21-2011, 08:18 PM
PRO-X manufactures 2 stroke pistons for honda under the name ART. im not sure about 4stroke..my guess is they're honda OEM equivilent. im buying a PRO-X piston for my CR next.

ridehonda400ex
10-22-2011, 12:40 PM
I used Pro-x jets in my yfz. worked just fine for me. Granted the yfz carb has more adjustabilty but theyll do you just fine