PDA

View Full Version : tire beads?

saponi1
03-06-2011, 06:40 PM
after putting it off for so long, i finally broke down and bought me some new tires for my 400. i got some cst ambush' on the way to replace the ohtsu tires on the rear. my question is in the ohtsu tires, there sounds like a bunch of little beads rolling around inside. when i go to change tires, do these beads need to go into the new tires, and what are they for?

CJM
03-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Its rocks the get inside sometimes or bits of tire-nothing to worry about.

NMills
03-06-2011, 07:01 PM
he's right... just debris of some sort... the tire bead is just a part of the tire/rim... they are not actually beads...

saponi1
03-06-2011, 07:22 PM
i took both tire off to do some rear end maintenence, and heard what sounded like little balls rolling around in both tires. yall are saying the bead itself is coming apart, which if that was the case, those are some disintegrate over time tires that dont need to be sold. i just thought they were some type of balance deal, or something to keep it from going totaly flat. by the way does discount tire mount atv tires, because the place i ordered my tires through gets $22.50 to mount 1 tire. i can get a car tire mounted AND balanced cheaper than that.

NMills
03-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by saponi1
i took both tire off to do some rear end maintenence, and heard what sounded like little balls rolling around in both tires. yall are saying the bead itself is coming apart, which if that was the case, those are some disintegrate over time tires that dont need to be sold. i just thought they were some type of balance deal, or something to keep it from going totaly flat. by the way does discount tire mount atv tires, because the place i ordered my tires through gets $22.50 to mount 1 tire. i can get a car tire mounted AND balanced cheaper than that.

The tire bead is fine i'm sure... i thought the same thing when i had my stockers off... heard a bunch of stuff inside... was just told it was rocks and stuff... and i'm not surprised your car tires are cheaper to mount... tire shops have a machine to do that... ATV are more often then not done by hand... it sucks.... i've done it... rather do heavy duty truck tires...