PDA

View Full Version : Are Beadlocks essential?

trailrider894
03-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey guys, just have a quick questions. I am racing C and B Class MX this year and want to know if beadlocks are really a neccesity... What are the pros and cons?? Its an EXPENSIVE investment..

01boneless
03-05-2011, 04:22 PM
they do help good in corners but there not a must iv seen lots of riders with and without them iv never tried them though i have thought about it id like to no to.. anybody??

DragonGunner
03-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Positives are the are a strong rim, if you get a flat tire will stay on, an they are easy to take the tire on an off of. But as long as you have thicker rims you will do alright, for MX I suggest keeping 8 to 10 lbs psi, this helps keep them from being bent on the jumps....the stock rims always held up for me when I ran them, then my son hit the 90' jump an we had only about 4 lbs pressure in them from woods riding.....they are now egg shaped....oooppps. I do love my Douglas 18" beadlocks, going on a decade of use an abuse an still perfect...excepts for lots dings....mothers polish once in awhile.

PaRedneckRiders
03-05-2011, 04:48 PM
im running hiper beadlocks.
Do you NEED them, no but they are nice to have.
You can usually find some good used sets cheap.

Scro
03-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Alot of the investment is worth it simply for the ease of changing tires. If you ever decide to run tireballs, they are very beneficial.

PaRedneckRiders
03-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Yes they do making changing tires a heck of alot easier