PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems

stockboy
03-05-2011, 06:30 AM
so i went to dig by quad out or the shed teh other day and when i pulled the clutch in with it not running and put it in first i could not push it. is this a problem with the plates or something else?

Wesjay400ex
03-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Need to be a little more specific in detail.

Did it have any problem when you put it in storage at the end of last season? How long have you been riding the current clutch?

Did you try and get it into Neutral? Was there an resistance on the lever when you pulled it in? And if so, did you hear the gear engage at all?

stockboy
03-05-2011, 07:47 AM
it worked fine last year someone said it was a little out of adjustment but it still worked it rolls in nutral and i can hear it go into first and the cable is not broken it is getting pulled as far as it can the tires just lock up when i try to push it in first with the clutch in and i think it is the stock clutch on a 03

cataway
03-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by stockboy
so i went to dig by quad out or the shed teh other day and when i pulled the clutch in with it not running and put it in first i could not push it. is this a problem with the plates or something else? you put it in to gear and your wounderiing why you cant push it?

stockboy
03-05-2011, 01:09 PM
yes because i should be able to with the clutch in

coreyskfx
03-06-2011, 06:42 PM
mine i cant push either. untill its warm most fourwheelers are like this once it warms up youll be able to push it when its in gear