PDA

View Full Version : Taking jack3d or no explode before a race?

03-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Has anyone ever tried this? I know it gives me better endurance when im working out, im wondering if it would help me focus and last longer during an mx race..

rbgnwa45
03-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Did you not just answer your own question or is a race aware of what you consume?

nynetwo9
03-05-2011, 04:54 AM
i would think it would give u serious arm pump. since it designed to give u pumps when liftin. Ive been taking jack3d for the past yr and love it for working out. aside from from the pumps i can see what u mean bout being focused.

Latemodel32
03-05-2011, 06:10 AM
go here http://www.motoxnutrition.com/
get your free sample this stuff is for racing i have used it for a couple of yrs and it works:D

TRX_450
03-05-2011, 10:48 AM
stay away from n.o. explode, it restricts blood flow. look into pump fuel or motox nutrition

MX MaNiAc 06
03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
The two are vasodilators. More blood flows through your veins and pumps your muscles up. makes for some crazy arm pump. The energy/metabolism pills give you great endurance. They kind of pump your veins up too but not as bad

KingpinsEx
03-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Jack3d just does not seem to work for me. I have only taken it a few times and one scoop does not even have an effect?

NacsMXer
03-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Jack3d just does not seem to work for me. I have only taken it a few times and one scoop does not even have an effect?

It depends on the person, but I usually take about 1.75 scoops and find that it really helps my workouts. The max dose is 3 scoops, so you might not be taking enough. Tolerance also builds fast i've found, so it's best to cycle on and off of it.

And IDK if I would take it before a race, the focus and energy are definitely there, but not sure if the caffeine and other ingredients would give you bad arm pump. You could always try it during a practice ride sometime.

evild911
03-05-2011, 09:52 PM
i just got an e-mail from moto x nutrition and they dont send free samples anymore due to the cost of shipping

Ex_Rider43
03-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Just buy it , I tried it once during the 12 hours of Latuque and it was really good. I will probably use it for the upcoming season too

KingpinsEx
03-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
It depends on the person, but I usually take about 1.75 scoops and find that it really helps my workouts. The max dose is 3 scoops, so you might not be taking enough. Tolerance also builds fast i've found, so it's best to cycle on and off of it.

And IDK if I would take it before a race, the focus and energy are definitely there, but not sure if the caffeine and other ingredients would give you bad arm pump. You could always try it during a practice ride sometime.

Thanks I will give that dose a try. Just didn't want to jump up to soon and be taking the max after a week or two. But I do seem to have a tolerance to that type of stuff. I agree about not using it for a race or even riding. I have used N.O. explode before strictly for gym training. The only stuff I take on race day are water and gatorade. I don't like to take the chances of possibly crashing or getting sick to your stomach...

NacsMXer
03-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah sounds like you are going about it the right way. I started at 0.75 scoops, then went to 1 scoop, 1.5 scoops, and now 1.75 scoops. It's pretty much due to tolerance just like with people who drink a lot of coffee. I usually cycle 3 weeks training on and 1 week off although the manufacturer (USP labs) says you can cycle 8 weeks on and 4 weeks off.

Another tip related to sports drinks that really helps my endurance through tough workouts/riding is drinking coconut water. Not coconut milk, but the clear water straight out of a unripe green coconut. THE best hydration/sports drink IMO. More potassium than a banana which massively thwarts arm pump, and the perfect ratio of sodium in proportion to keep you electrolytes in check. Not too much sugar (it's natural sugar anyhow) and has the same pH as your blood. It can actually be used intravenously in dire situations when someone needs to get rehydrated quickly. I can go on and on about how much better it is than sports drinks.

I buy O.N.E. brand coconut water in the health food aisle at my local Jewel grocery store or from GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc.

http://www.onedrinks.com/img/coconut-water-comparison.jpg