PDA

View Full Version : 400ex bogging

01boneless
03-04-2011, 07:16 PM
hey guys the other day i was riding my 400ex and all of a sudden it started bogging down at half to full throttle but it would idel forever .this was at the same time my timming chain started slapping real bad!!! would that be the reason my quad is bogging when throttled, i heard it may have jumped off time and would make it bogg but i dont know can anyone help me out?

DragonGunner
03-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Your choke wasn't on was it...seen this lots of times....guys choke is on an then it warms up an starts bogging....O choke was on....lol. If you can hear your timing chain slapping somethings wrong....I've yet to hear one or replace one on mine yet...I would think if it jumped a tooth an out of time it wouldn't be running right none of the time....sounds more like a fuel problem, getting too much or not getting enough fuel....

01boneless
03-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by DragonGunner
Your choke wasn't on was it...seen this lots of times....guys choke is on an then it warms up an starts bogging....O choke was on....lol. If you can hear your timing chain slapping somethings wrong....I've yet to hear one or replace one on mine yet...I would think if it jumped a tooth an out of time it wouldn't be running right none of the time....sounds more like a fuel problem, getting too much or not getting enough fuel....

thanks for the reply no my choke wasent on i rode it for like an hour when it started and the 400exs are common for bad chains idk anyone else??

drew416ex
03-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Did you check and make sure the air boot didnt come loose from the carb. Had that happen to me during a race. Would do fine up to half throttle then fall on its face.

01boneless
03-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by drew416ex
Did you check and make sure the air boot didnt come loose from the carb. Had that happen to me during a race. Would do fine up to half throttle then fall on its face.

ya dude all good lol idk

jtalleman
03-06-2011, 05:54 AM
do you have a aftermarket airbox cus when i got my aluminum one i had to drill holes in the top cus it wasnt getting enough air and did the same thing ride for an hour and just bogged out