PDA

View Full Version : need help fast my tire goes flat but its on the seal

honda 400ex 69
02-16-2003, 12:19 PM
my tire has gone flat 2 times now and one time it came off the rim.

i just got back from filling it up again at the gas station and it has a small leak like where the rim and tire meet.

is it possible i i could have a bad seal or crap in the seal are?

thanks for the help:confused:

honda 400ex 69
02-16-2003, 12:22 PM
by the way the tires are brand new i used them once in the snow

lilpoppy
02-16-2003, 04:29 PM
what kind of tires are they? I have holeshot xcr's and one of them goes flat after about 24 hours and it has no punctures. I'm not really sure why it does it eather.

luvmyex
02-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Let all the air out and see if there is anything around the edge.Mine went flat the other week and i saw it was leaking around the bead.I ran a tire plug tool that reams out the hole around the edge and pull out some mud and bark,no more leak now.

odie
02-16-2003, 05:51 PM
there are a few reasons the tire is leaking,

1.there is crap in the bead of the tire like mud,rocks,anything like that.
2.if they are new tires the people who installed the tires could of ripped the bead on the tire,that will make them leak real slow.
3.could have a damaged rim where the bead and lip of the tire meet.

Quadfather
02-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Take it to a tire place, have them pop it off the rim, take a rag around the rim and bead, and put it back on.

I had a tire with a plug in it. It )plug) had been in the tire for about a year. The tire started losing air slowly, so I figured the plug let go. I took it to the dealer, and he put soapy water around the plug. No bubbles. He then put it around the bead, bubble city. Popped it off, wiped with rag, put it back on, wallah.

4TraxRider
02-16-2003, 08:27 PM
You can pick up some bead sealer also, it helped with my tire, no more leakes when i put them on, and they seat a lot easier.

motoboy66
02-18-2003, 02:52 AM
If they are stock rims then they are a little smaller than the aftermarket tires, metric rims, inch tires. Go to NAPA and get some bead sealer, black gooooo. i had the same proublem with Holeshots and RAZR's. One treatment with the bead sealer worked wonders, no more leaks. Also cheack your valve stem where it goes into the rim. Mine leaked there too.

Good Luck