PDA

View Full Version : Getting quad ready for spring??

kdgraham
03-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Hey all,
I just recently had the motor all rebuilt last summer and road it many 10 hours b4 the weather got cold. All I did was fill the gas tank with rest of the gas I had mixed up. I did not put any stable in it or anything to 'winterize' it. Just put it in the shed.
What all do you guys do when you bring it out to ride when it has been sitting for over three months?? I will for sure drain the gas, put new oil in bottom. Grease everything. Check all bearings. I would like to take carb off and clean it as letting the oil/gas sit I have heard is not good.
Ik Ik I will prolly get some die hards saying just ride it year round and I wont have this problem. Well this is my first two stroke and I have put enough money into motor already for only having it a year. I do not have the money to keep re building it.
Let me know what you all think on keeping a two stroke running good and for a long time.
Thanks

Grande Huevos
03-04-2011, 12:25 PM
I always keep an eye on my fluids and change my oil spark plug and clean my filter after every ride. Make sure everthing is tighgt and up to par