PDA

View Full Version : Daytona SX

161xchonda
03-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Well, I arrived down at Daytona International Speedway this afternoon. Walked most of the supercross track. It's completely different than any track I've ever seen before. The start is different from last year, facing directly at the NASCAR finish line/grandstands, and the rhythm sections are tricky. They have some major line choices, mainly including a couple sections that are anything but normal.

So, who is gonna pull it off this weekend and get the big W?

tjsdaname
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Go Canard!!!!!!!!

I really don't care, as long as reed does not win it....

SRH
03-03-2011, 10:18 PM
i honestly hope its a reed vs stewart battle again but without a reed pass...id be suprised to see him do it again he knew it was dumb...i just hope james doesnt put it back on him

im thinking james is big favorite...home turf but...i also wonder if they will get his bike to work right daytona is always more outdoors style and james team seems to have issues getting it dialed for that

id say villopoto and stewart will battle but unfortunately stewart is going to hit the dirt ....... id like to see reed up there when i watched him practicing at A1 you could tell he was clicking with his setup, he rides so flawless

trompen542
03-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Dungey, he is a better out door rider, then rv2, then kw14

THARNESS
03-04-2011, 11:12 AM
What network is covering the race and when will it be aired? I looked on supercross.com but couldn't find it.

Lasher
03-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Pretty sure Speed has it live on Saturday.

I going to say James pulls the holeshot (by force) and checks out. No one will come close.

Why...I have feeling that the Reed incident lit a fire under his butt.

James has to be getting upset about "riding safe" crap he is doing. All the injuries over the last couple years, missed championships he is "trying to ride smarter" and it is biting him. Have a feeling he is going to let it all hang out, go into the first turn and getting the holeshot by moving people if he has to.

rollie
03-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Reed built a track in florida specifically to train for daytona haha, so He's my favorite, I dont think stewart is going to do as amazing as some people think, because hes been making mistakes the past couple weeks and in the rutted up sand, thats not where you want to make mistakes, not to mention he doesnt race outdoors anymore and this is the most like an outdoor, but like someone else said, dungey or another one of the outdoor guys could come up and suprise alot of people!

thats just my take on it though!

mjc597
03-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by THARNESS
What network is covering the race and when will it be aired? I looked on supercross.com but couldn't find it.

speed channel is airing live supercross coverage the entire month of march.. think it's like 4 weekends in a row or something

KingpinsEx
03-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Air time?

BlaineKaiser450
03-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Rvvvvvvvvvvvvvv!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mcginty33
03-05-2011, 12:54 AM
The guy who built Reeds track in FL is the same guy who runs the dozers at daytona lol

I don't think Stewart will run away with this one, I saw two two many mistakes lol from him at Atlanta, and Daytona will be even trickier.

I'm hoping Canard takes another one personally, but realistically I think Reed is gonna get it, Daytona is his favorite track. Dungey with another 2nd, and RV in 3rd, with Stewart on the dirt somewhere.

eastside 400
03-05-2011, 02:01 AM
if it rains look out for roczen, daytona is a whole different track then the normal sx so some randoms might come out, especially if it rains like it might

161xchonda
03-05-2011, 07:20 AM
On a side note, Honda hosted a big party last night on the outside of the speedway. Had all the riders their from their different teams, including the GNCC team they are supporting. All the riders signed autographs, did interviews in front of us, and gave away some clothing. They are all in great spirits, especially KDUB, CR22, TC41, and REV17. Reed and Windham were jokin around with each other, and Josh Grant still has a very harsh looking limp. Look for those Honda boys to be up front. Hopefully.

ridehonda400ex
03-05-2011, 07:24 AM
What day and time does this race come on?? And what channel?

jrspawn
03-05-2011, 08:29 AM
This one has the potential to be an epic race! I think Reed will take the win. I also look to see TC, KW, RV, and RD battling it out.

Stewart will either be up top or out due to the classic wrong "bike setup" i think.

mjc597
03-05-2011, 09:14 AM
it airs live on the
SPEED network at 6et , i live in arkansas and it's on at 7:00..

THARNESS
03-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by mjc597
it airs live on the
SPEED network at 6et , i live in arkansas and it's on at 7:00..
If it's 7:00 in Arkansas then it's 8:00 eastern.

eastside 400
03-05-2011, 10:30 AM
8pm eastern on speed. and grant just had a 2nd major surgery on his ACL, that is why he is limping. Also that is why Cole Seely will be filling in starting at indy next week

300ex_#387
03-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
This one has the potential to be an epic race! I think Reed will take the win. I also look to see TC, KW, RV, and RD battling it out.

Stewart will either be up top or out due to the classic wrong "bike setup" i think.

Lets hope Reeds "stomach problems" don't start coming back to him. :D

jrspawn
03-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Lets hope Reeds "stomach problems" don't start coming back to him. :D

Only stomach pains Reed's gonna be having is from drinking too much of that champagne on the winners podium:devil:

I CANT WAIT for the race to start tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SRH
03-05-2011, 05:16 PM
jrspawn...come on now, you can see stewarts bike setup at dilla was dookie, i mean you know the deal, see thru the js hate

i think reed is going to be top 3 i wouldnt be suprised to see villopoto destroy everyone...bubba ...well i think hes going to crash

jrspawn
03-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by SRH
jrspawn...come on now, you can see stewarts bike setup at dilla was dookie, i mean you know the deal, see thru the js hate

i think reed is going to be top 3 i wouldnt be suprised to see villopoto destroy everyone...bubba ...well i think hes going to crash

Sorry bout that, I had just drank I cold tall glass of haterade before those comments:blah:

On a serious note though, i think the top 5 battle tonight will be crazy to say the least!

SRH
03-05-2011, 05:34 PM
anyone know what happened to jlaw??

eastside 400
03-05-2011, 05:37 PM
jlaw will be racing for suzuki city/nitro circus for the outdoors, he might make a few east coast sx rounds but not for sure.

SRH
03-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
jlaw will be racing for suzuki city/nitro circus for the outdoors, he might make a few east coast sx rounds but not for sure.

is that the same team as malcom stewart rides for?

m0t0xk1d
03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
are they not showing the lites? why is the supercross class first?...

madskrillz2
03-05-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't understand how Stewart can go 24 for 24 outdoors but can't be consistent indoors. It pisses me off to see him take himself out every single race.

jrspawn
03-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SRH

Well, my hat is off to you my friend. Good call on the race.

m0t0xk1d
03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I feel the same way about his consistency in SX BUT he was friggin hauling out there. 6 second lead in six laps I think it was? He would of had it by a long shot. Then to come back from 69 seconds down and get 9th. Was really good.

Did anyone notice alessi slowing amd pulling over for stewart because of the dumb flagger? Giving alessi the blue flag? That's ridiculous. Gave stewart the spot. Granted villopoto was behind them but there was a decent gap between them. Really sucks for alessi.

JackA450r
03-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Stewart had Alessi whether there was a blue flag or not. He was riding on the leaders pace for the last 10 laps.

SRH
03-05-2011, 11:00 PM
as a stewart fan im getting really frustrated with his tiny mistakes...its almost like if hes not on the ragged edge he doesnt focus... that big *** crash he took was him making a tiny mistake at the wrong time

james has never got the credit he deserves for his bike ability and as his career winds down id like to see him get another championship

but even if you dont like him you gotta respect what he did tonight....thats a badass man to take a hit like that and even get back on the bike....and its even more badass he finished in the top 10....imagine what the avg guy flipping thru the channels thinks when they see the crash he took, him fall trying to get on..and then taking off and laying down a 1 15 ...that dude has heart

and reed ..man if he had started up front i think he might of showed poto a tire

madskrillz2
03-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by SRH
as a stewart fan im getting really frustrated with his tiny mistakes...its almost like if hes not on the ragged edge he doesnt focus... that big *** crash he took was him making a tiny mistake at the wrong time

james has never got the credit he deserves for his bike ability and as his career winds down id like to see him get another championship

but even if you dont like him you gotta respect what he did tonight....thats a badass man to take a hit like that and even get back on the bike....and its even more badass he finished in the top 10....imagine what the avg guy flipping thru the channels thinks when they see the crash he took, him fall trying to get on..and then taking off and laying down a 1 15 ...that dude has heart

and reed ..man if he had started up front i think he might of showed poto a tire

You and me both man. He still has a lot of years left if he will just try and focus on finding some consistency. Even if that means backing off the pace just a little bit. I know that's easy for me to sit here and say but I don't know what else he can do. Lol and Reed probably would have showed him more than a tire.

BoneStockHonda
03-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by SRH

x2 at the Stewart fan thing. He seems like a great guy, between his TV show and ride days with fans I really respect him but damn I'm getting frustrated too. And when Reed took him out last I flipped out lol (but I expect nothing less from him). Stewart should have let Reed catch up to lap him and cleaned him out :devil: .

jcv400ex
03-06-2011, 05:55 AM
He'll never be the great champion he has the potential to be because of his attitude. He has to be first and laying down the absolute fastest lap times or he wrecks....no patience. His heat race was retarded as well. He runs over a guy, jumps over another and lands in front of him....he's a nusiance on the track plain and simple.
Week in and week out you see it, he rides alot like the beast from the east!

scottproquad
03-06-2011, 08:57 AM
That was a sick crash! Any one who gets up from something like that and goes on to race that hard!!! I give it up to the guy!!Amazing!!

PS SOOOOOOO not a stwert fan!!!

GO RV!!!

300ex_#387
03-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
He'll never be the great champion he has the potential to be because of his attitude. He has to be first and laying down the absolute fastest lap times or he wrecks....no patience. His heat race was retarded as well. He runs over a guy, jumps over another and lands in front of him....he's a nusiance on the track plain and simple.
Week in and week out you see it, he rides alot like the beast from the east!

Nah he did just fine in the heat race. He didn't actually jump over roczen. It just looked like it. They replayed it and it showed him jumping across the front of roczen. Thays typical bubba man. He's either first or he wrecks. He said it himself. He's had a lot mroe patience this year than others. Hate all you want he is still the fastest guy out there.

Other than that I was disspaonted we didn't get to watch the lites heats. Daytona didn't really give any good racing. Riders seemed to be battling the track more than eachother.

candidate zero
03-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I was sitting trackside at the triple right after where stewart wrecked. He was so out of it when he got up, fell over, etc. I'm surprised they let him get back on the bike. But typical stewart, he may be putting down the fastest lap times but it doesn't mean anything if you can't stay on the bike.

300ex_#387
03-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by candidate zero
I was sitting trackside at the triple right after where stewart wrecked. He was so out of it when he got up, fell over, etc. I'm surprised they let him get back on the bike. But typical stewart, he may be putting down the fastest lap times but it doesn't mean anything if you can't stay on the bike.

Yeah I couldn't believe they let him back on his bike. He looked like he didn't know what even happened.

tjsdaname
03-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Yeah I couldn't believe they let him back on his bike. He looked like he didn't know what even happened.

doesn't matter.... stewart could be so out of it that he cant walk or remember his own name, and he could still ride a bike faster then anyone in the world....

jcv400ex
03-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by tjsdaname
doesn't matter.... stewart could be so out of it that he cant walk or remember his own name, and he could still ride a bike faster then anyone in the world....

Yeah, for a lap or two :eek:

SRH
03-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Yeah, for a lap or two :eek:

stewart turned 1 15 after the wreck too then slowed