PDA

View Full Version : Whats your opinion on TCS Shocks?

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-16-2003, 11:56 AM
I wanted to know what everyone thought about TCS Shocks? I hardly ever hear people talk about them, but when I do, its always good things. Their prices and wait time are very reasonable to me, so what does everyone else think of them? Are they on par with PEP, Elka, etc., etc.? Share your opinions :D

Sparks425Ex
02-16-2003, 03:24 PM
I have never heard a bad thing about them. They are suppsed to be just as good or better than Elka and Pep and Axis..

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-16-2003, 07:25 PM
I was hoping for more replies :confused2

02-16-2003, 07:34 PM
I have heard all good things abt them. i have never tried TCS but i have heard they are almost up with axis and PEP and above elka. Also they sell for 750 for LT or regular. seems like a good deal

Evan
02-16-2003, 07:49 PM
My opinion--I am impressed. I cant say enough things about them. They have very quick service, very reasonable priced, they seem to be setup better than my axis, easy to clean etc.

R-Crazy
02-16-2003, 08:40 PM
if ya look at mag ads for non pros, they all have them. i want TCS for my R when it is all done. PEPs have the reputation, but TCS has a lower price, wait time, and supposedly the same quality.

dave

Dave400ex
02-16-2003, 09:26 PM
My cousin has the old style on his 250r and liked them a lot. For $750, good quality, short wait, and what seems to be good service you can't go wrong. I have only seen 2 guys at the local XC races have them though. Are they very good for XC? What do you guys think?

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-16-2003, 09:38 PM
So far their sounding very tempting...I want PEP, but I really don't want to wait it out again like I did for my last set, and I know I will be happy with another good name brand like TCS for example, so I may have to try them out. If any others have or know anything about their shocks let me know :D

OCCRA288
02-17-2003, 07:29 AM
TCS is more oriented toward Mx racing but they know their valving.
A buddy of mine uses a set on his raptor and it sits really low, the valving is spot on he weighs about 50-75lbs more than I do too. They ride really nice:)

Dave400ex
02-17-2003, 08:48 AM
Heck if the XC guys like them I would get TCS next time around. Cheaper, high quality, good valving, and they also have a short wait. With Elka raising their prices TCS has some of the best shocks for the cheapest price. Heck even PEP is looking better now, without that wait though...

d-14 rider 27
02-17-2003, 06:40 PM
i just ordered a set from x-factor, i just checked the tracking number for the rear shock i sent out, and they got it today, they told me 2 week wait on them, so when i get them, ill let you guys know what i think. i cant stand waitin for stuff, so i gave up on pep, i wanted them mostly because mark baldwin was building them, but hey, im an impatient lil *******.

motoboy66
02-18-2003, 02:40 AM
Im in the same boat. I want PEP, but the wait is not good. The TCS is my next choice. First I have to get my a-arms. where have you all seen them for $750.00? Was that for ZPS and LT? I hope it is thats what I will need.

Dave400ex
02-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Yep if you call TCS they are $750 for LT or Standard ZPS...

d-14 rider 27
03-02-2003, 06:08 PM
mine are gonna be here this week!!! :D :D :D :D i cant wait, ill let ya'll know how they are

honda_racer199
03-02-2003, 07:02 PM
I love my TCS shocks. But, I haven't compared them to anything else besides stock. The faster you go the smoother they get! I've seen people lose it in whoops with PEP's and I just sail past them with the TCS. Now, it's prolly the rider there, but still, it's the thought of them wiping out with PEP. There return rate is Excellent and the prices are great to

400exBro
03-03-2003, 01:02 AM
sweet--- this just convince me to get a set of tcs race seris shocks this summer...

d-14 tells how they ride when you get them... do they make lt rears??? i will run lt fronts but i would like lt rear as well??

also do they have a lot of sag without lossing travel??

i want a set of shocks that have a lot of sag but still have tons of travel... i will be running +3 lt a arms in the front..

thanks

Dave400ex
03-03-2003, 01:56 AM
They offer a ZPS Rebuild of your stock rear and a full new ZPS Rear shock. I'm not sure on the LT rear, but I'm sure they could make you one. Are you going to move your rear shock mount? I think the TCS shocks are very close to the PEP ZPS...

forum
03-03-2003, 04:42 PM
bro buddy. How many times have you changed your mind?? 20...30?? But tcs is a good chioce, cheap and they don't take 3 months to come in.

400exBro
03-03-2003, 08:09 PM
forum buddy. i never thought of tcs till someone metioned them to me and i thought about and talked to some people and got thier opion... ya i would of orginaly got elkas but dont fell it is worth it becuase of the prices now... pep-- well i am not the good and don't want to fork over a arm leg and eye and wait 2- 6 months for a set of shocks...

first thing is first a set of champion beadlocks and some tires, rear shocks and then a arms and some shocks...

forum
03-03-2003, 08:18 PM
well if you feel that the other builders are better then elka and the only reason your were going to get them b4 is cause they were cheap and not nessisarily the best. lets put it this way. when you get your pep's or tcs's you can try my machine with the elka elites. they make a good shock. I had a tcs rear. I think it needed rebuilding realy bad. but if it didn't I would tell you they suck. but im pretty sure it did.

400exBro
03-03-2003, 08:41 PM
nnnoooo i wasn't going to just get elka becuase they were cheap.. i want them becuase of quailty and the good wait time.. i mean 1 700(before x-mas price) for a set of elka elites in quad rate lt setup, and i can have them in 2 weeks is a okay deal, a little pricey.. i could of delt with it but now the prices seem a little high... I can personly say i have nothing against elka from what i have seen at the tracks they are built with only the best... but people talk... oo elka valving... it is treble... blah blah... i don't care for that... so i don't pay attention but when a dealer tells that i shouldn't get them or wait a well to they figure stuff out then i take that stuff seriously... but i still got a few more months before my mind will be set and i by a pair but then a lot of **** will happen.., next time i say ya i am going to look at your elites and ask you how you feel about them...

i mean here in canada almost all racers use the elka shocks becuase A) no currecny exchange B) no freaking gst and stuff like when getting it accross the boader and C) we are helping canadian business.. i take those into consdiration too..

sorry for the book...

forum
03-03-2003, 08:50 PM
What dealer are you talkin about?? splash n dirt told me they worked good but pelchat's rear wasn't ever perfect. He liked it it just wasn't perfect. But he still one the nat's.

Derek
03-03-2003, 08:52 PM
I myself have pep zps's but i rode the tcs's and i gotta say high quality shocks.

400exBro
03-03-2003, 09:09 PM
nnnooo noo splash n dirt suggest i get them....

it was extreme toys near london that told me he sold a bunch he said he didn't the riders always complined that they were never set up right... but i still am looking at the elkas as of right now.. i might not go with the elites but i am going with the lt set up for sure ...

QuadTrix6
03-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by 300ex rules
if ya look at mag ads for non pros, they all have them. i want TCS for my R when it is all done. PEPs have the reputation, but TCS has a lower price, wait time, and supposedly the same quality.

dave

couldn't have said it better :D

QuadTrix6
03-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by forum
well if you feel that the other builders are better then elka and the only reason your were going to get them b4 is cause they were cheap and not nessisarily the best. lets put it this way. when you get your pep's or tcs's you can try my machine with the elka elites. they make a good shock. I had a tcs rear. I think it needed rebuilding realy bad. but if it didn't I would tell you they suck. but im pretty sure it did.

elkas are good but TCS are better for MX in my opinion i think elkas are more cross country..just my.02

2 QuicK
03-04-2003, 12:23 AM
How much are Elka's up to now?