PDA

View Full Version : New guy here...needing help lol

nitrochicken
03-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Whats up guys, great site, been looking on here for a while and finally joined. Question is, i live in west Texas and believe it or not am having a hard time finding a shop to work on my 00 400ex. Needs some top end work, timing chain and some tlc on the carb. Does anybody know of a reputable shop in the San Antonio or Austin area that could do this work? I would do it myself but some punk decided he wanted my tools more than i did and broke into my shop.....freaking punks. Thanks a bunch guys

JRN2786
03-03-2011, 08:45 PM
well unless someone knows a good shop around there, I would find a honda dealer and take it there. Also alot of times it just a bad tensioner on the timing chain.

426kidz
03-03-2011, 10:40 PM
well your better off buying more tools...they will charge you 4X the cost of tools and than you have them for the nxt project!

slightlybent47
03-04-2011, 12:25 AM
I’m a little too far east of you to help with a shop but I can assure you a dealer will charge top dollar to do repairs. Keep looking and maybe someone here can help you.

Stark
03-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by nitrochicken
Whats up guys, great site, been looking on here for a while and finally joined. Question is, i live in west Texas and believe it or not am having a hard time finding a shop to work on my 00 400ex. Needs some top end work, timing chain and some tlc on the carb. Does anybody know of a reputable shop in the San Antonio or Austin area that could do this work? I would do it myself but some punk decided he wanted my tools more than i did and broke into my shop.....freaking punks. Thanks a bunch guys

Hey Nitro..

I live in Austin and I use Zabor's Cycle Shop. They've done cylinders for me, pressed cranks and bearings, valve jobs, anything related to motorcycle and ATV, the guy can do it. He's wont kiss your ***** like a shop will. Tell him what you want, he'll do it reasonably priced and reasonably quick with exceptional results.

I wouldn't let anyone else around Austin bore or do a valve job for me.

Check him out.

http://austin.citysearch.com/profile/10238482/austin_tx/zabor_s_motorcycle_repair.html

nitrochicken
03-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks for in the info bro, might need to look him up. I did find a Honda tech thats a buddy of mine thats gonna do the work for me....ordered my hotcam today along with a slip on and airbox. Will give an update when its finished. Thanks again