PDA

View Full Version : KTM SX spindle, hub, calipers, master cyl. and brake line

YFZ_Racer42
03-03-2011, 05:00 PM
If anyone want to try it on their 250R I have the spindles, hub and brake disc, 4 pistons calipers, ss brake line and master cylinder of a KTM 450SX in great condition

everything for 250 shipped

Thanks

troybilt
03-03-2011, 08:34 PM
WOW bump for a hellova deal. Cost you 1500+ to buy that new from KTM, I priced it myself... crazy good deal!! best spindle setup I've seen...

redred55
03-03-2011, 08:41 PM
If you have ever ridden a KTM quad, you'll know that the front braking power is sick! I wish I could get my front brakes to work half as well as the KTM! Wish these calipers would bolt to my T-pin spindles-I would own this already!!!

sameltoe
03-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Pm sent...

fingers crossed LOL

250Renvy
03-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Do you have any pics? What kind of condition is it in?

Any idea if this would work for a 450R front ? Troy?

Are you in Quebec?

Jerry Prokop
03-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I'll take them for the 250 shipped pm me your paypal address

troybilt
03-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
Do you have any pics? What kind of condition is it in?

Any idea if this would work for a 450R front ? Troy?

Are you in Quebec?

Do you mean work with 450r aarms?, probably the only issues would be making sure the camber can be set right, (should be easier actually, the top of the KTM spindles are tucked in closer to the verticle plane of the spindle, than 450r spindles...) The tie rods will be under mounted on the spindles, but that shouldn't be an issue. Also need to check the taper on the the spuds but I think they are right... The brakes won't fit on 450r spindles that I could tell..

Jay from FW Carbon, sold the ones that I was borrowing for measurements so I don't have any to look at or check for you anymore...

troybilt
03-04-2011, 07:24 AM
In my opinion, based on observation of my T-Pins, 450r spindles and 250r spindles, this is by far the best front end setup you could buy...

The KTM spindles are super lightweight, you'll need to get Rath hubs to mount Honda wheels,... if I remember right... The scrub radius is about as tight as you can get it.

My only beef with the T-pins is how heavy those bad larry's are... Unsprung weight!! The scrub is also slightly worse on those too... You gain however, no binding in the upper and lower portions of the travel.

YFZ_Racer42
03-04-2011, 10:20 AM
@ 250Renvy

They are in great condition but they but it's a pending sale... waiting for the money!!
And yes I'm from Quebec!

JM317
03-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
In my opinion, based on observation of my T-Pins, 450r spindles and 250r spindles, this is by far the best front end setup you could buy...

The KTM spindles are super lightweight, you'll need to get Rath hubs to mount Honda wheels,... if I remember right... The scrub radius is about as tight as you can get it.

I've got all of these parts from both quads, including the Rath hubs so I could probably get measurements for somebody if needed as long as I don't have to take the whole quad apart to do it lol.

troybilt
03-05-2011, 07:05 AM
You should do a comparison write up for us! All the measurements don't mean squat, compared to real seat of the pants feel

JM317
03-05-2011, 07:27 AM
The only kicker is the 250r is just a pile of parts at the moment, but the KTM is fully functional. It may be awhile until the 250r is done but I can tell you there is no comparison between the KTM brakes and the Honda brakes. The KTM brakes will toss you over the bars lol. The KTM spindle/Rath hub/DWT 4+1 combo I have now will turn on a dime and I'm sure would be about the same if I bolted it all onto the 250r. I'm sure I'd need to use a plus arm on the Honda though with the 4+1 wheels since it would be super narrow on stock width arms. You can kind of figure how narrow it would be from this pic...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/Jaredmalone123/Maplesville4.jpg