PDA

View Full Version : radiator mounts

250x_kyle
03-03-2011, 10:29 AM
i started drawing up some radiator mounts in solid works. was planning on cnc machining a couple sets. was wondering if anyone else would be interested.

k7mm
03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Yes!

bigE28
03-03-2011, 12:50 PM
x3!!!!!

250x_kyle
03-03-2011, 01:06 PM
its not 100 percent yet. if someone could get me some measurements as far as the hole size for where the dowle on the radiator pop up threw but with the grommet removed. also need the gap of the grommet wich would also be the material thickness. have a few ideas on making them stronger but may be a pain to get the grommets in. with some trial and error it should work.

Higgy87TRX425
03-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Ok heres one for ya. I was going to put coolant in my radiator last weekend , however when I went to take the cap off it wouldn't budge. So I checked it out and realized that the Lobo frame with a PWR radiator definately need some adjustments. I'm using stock rad. mounts currently, but would love a billet set that would push the radiator about a 1/4 further out toward the cap side. I guess I could just use some washers or spacer of some type to postion it correctly. The billet would be sick though. Maybe a bolt going though the hole pushing the mount in the oppisite direction with a nut holding it in place. That might work depending on clearance. Anyone else have this issue???

Higgy87TRX425
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
I'll be out at my garage tomarrow and I can take some measurements with my calipers if you like? I already have to measure my wheels for a set of Hubs I wanna buy!

250x_kyle
03-04-2011, 08:20 AM
you get the measurements for what you want and i will see what i can do. ill draw up some prototypes in solid works and see where i can go after that. i have some spread sheets i can put run time and everything into to figure out cost once i get everything figured out.

250x_kyle
03-04-2011, 09:41 AM
the only problem i see with the offset mounting brackets is that the bottom mounts are stationary. so if you tried to pull it a quarter of an inch over it would be crooked

Pumashine
03-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
i started drawing up some radiator mounts in solid works. was planning on cnc maching a couple sets. was wondering if anyone else would be interested.

Great idea, here are the stailess ones that I drew up, CNC cut, polished and formed. Made 10 sets, but I was informed I could not sell them on here.

Can't wait to see your new design!

http://i55.tinypic.com/2wcl9oh.jpg

Higgy87TRX425
03-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah I know it would be a little crooked! I'd rather have it a little crooked then not be able to open my radiator cap!! So I'm gonna try and make it out to my garage today. I thought that I'd be there already, but that dam JOB keeps creepin back in on me. I hate when it does that. Why do we have to work?? I wish we were all independently wealthy! So I'm gonna do my best to get out there today, however if I can't make it today then I'll be there tomarrow morning forsure! Talk to ya soon thanks Higgy!

Higgy87TRX425
03-05-2011, 06:46 PM
So the inside diameter looks to be .750 where the gromet goes in. The whole is .750 to the center point from the bend in the center of the part is. And .750 from each side of the part to the center of the whole. So the bottom of the part where the gromet goes is 1.500 total wide. Then about 1.300 from the bend in the bracket to the other side. Basically the horizontal measurement. Then the total height is the same 1.300. The top hole is located on the same center line .750 in and is elongated. the hole is .265 wide and about .575 long. it starts on the .750 centerline of the part .187 or 3/16 of and inch from the top of the part and runs to approximately .665 down the part from the top. I wish I could just send you a drawing of this part. However I don't own the software and it been a while since I've used Autocad or any drawning software for that matter. Thanks Higgy.

250x_kyle
04-22-2011, 01:40 PM
sorry guys end of the semester rush hit and i have not had any time to work on this project at all. still going to see if i can get something started this week and have a local machine them instead of myself. again my apologies about the delays

i purchased a set of stocker im going to pull the grommets out and dig the caliper out of the tool box this evening.

250x_kyle
05-12-2011, 07:47 PM
does anyone know how thick the material its finally got around to drawing this thing up and havent got the chance to measure mine with a caliper or mic

Higgy87TRX425
05-12-2011, 08:23 PM
That I'm gonna have to get back to you on. I can tell you on saturday, buddy, but thats the soonest I'll be out to my garage. I still want a SET OR 2 IN BILLET IF UR GONNA MAKE THEM. Thanks Higgy

250x_kyle
05-12-2011, 09:00 PM
all depends on time and availability of equipment. have my first modle drawn up. would like to throw it in master cam and see how easy it will be to machine but its hard to say till i actually start.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/needanewquad/radiatortabmodle.png

250x_kyle
05-12-2011, 09:07 PM
first drawing keeping them similar to stock i need time to sit down and see what i can do. design wise. im trying to keep them simple to machine to keep costs down since i have to have a local shop do it now. all though im sure walking in with a blue print, and the code for it will help with that as well.

Higgy87TRX425
05-12-2011, 10:58 PM
If you made it out of flat bar aluminum, drilled 2 holes and then just used a press brake to put the bend in it, I'm sure that it would be alot easier to produce. and you could still polish up the finished product!! Just my 2 cents, but it seems to me that the easier you can make a part the, cheaper it will be. I thought that you were going to machine them yourself either at school or at your work? I know it doesn't cost much to machine an elongated hole, drill a hole and then bend the part. Having worked in machine shops myself. I can tell you that there's no need to make it more complicated then nessesary that just makes it more expensive!! Thanks Higgy.

250x_kyle
05-13-2011, 06:48 AM
im currently unemployed. and done with school for the summer.as far as bending flat metal im just not for it. want something different.. its pouring today so im going to try and get a few more modles made up

Higgy87TRX425
05-13-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm still interested buddy! I was just tryin to help out yeah let me know how it goes? I'll get you that dimension tomarrow if you still need it? Thanks Higgy.

250x_kyle
05-13-2011, 09:25 PM
stopped by two local cnc shops today and there all pretty much tied up due too a local manufactuer thats running behind and out sourcing work but my buddys dad said he may know a guy that can hook us up. ill keep you informed. to nice of a day to waste drawing another design and im honestly to beat to start one now

if anyone has any ideas for a design describe it the best you can and ill see what i can do.