PDA

View Full Version : Road Bikes

250xridamatt
03-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Well I saw the Mountain Bike thread down a little ways and thought I would provide a chance for anyone with a road bike to show off their ride. It is finally warming up enough here in Indiana to get it out now. I have not been on here much recently, so I apologize if there has been any kind of similar thread recently.

I'll start it off with my Fuji I bought used last summer.

finsteratv
03-02-2011, 09:52 PM
i'll take a picture tommorow if i can figure out how to on here :p
i have a fugi so does my mom. before that i had a cannondale too.

ATVMX33
03-03-2011, 05:58 AM
i have a cannondale...ill try to get a pic later

spanky101
03-03-2011, 05:48 PM
I always said I wanted a roadbike! Great exercise! Post up some more pictures everyone!

honda400ex2003
03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
not the road bike i was thinking of when i clicked it haha.

steve

jasonjonesjj
03-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Any of you go to spin classes? I have been going to classes at my gym for the past few weeks and its fun as ****... I would suggest it to anyone that is into any form of biking. There is usually lots of talent to look at if you get a bike in the back of the room.

honda400ex2003
03-03-2011, 07:39 PM
i like the way you think! steve

Sjorge450R
03-04-2011, 07:33 AM
I'd rather ride outside than in Spin classes. The classes are fun, but I hate being stationary. I ride my Specialized Allez. I think its an 07 i got used last year real cheap and now I am racing it. Actually have my first race tomorrow and I am getting more nervous for it than I did for my first quad race. Its a Crit, but then sunday I have a road race....I am poorly prepared as far as training goes so this is more so for fun this weekend.

Does that Fuji have a Aluminum/Carbon frame?

250xridamatt
03-04-2011, 08:25 AM
The Fuji is a carbon frame. From what i can tell, the previous owner had a specialized allez and swapped the frame later on for the Fuji one. Frame and wheels only had 200 miles on them when I bought it.

finsteratv
03-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
I'd rather ride outside than in Spin classes. The classes are fun, but I hate being stationary. I ride my Specialized Allez. I think its an 07 i got used last year real cheap and now I am racing it. Actually have my first race tomorrow and I am getting more nervous for it than I did for my first quad race. Its a Crit, but then sunday I have a road race....I am poorly prepared as far as training goes so this is more so for fun this weekend.

Does that Fuji have a Aluminum/Carbon frame?
im pretty sure thats what my mom has.

Sjorge450R
03-06-2011, 10:17 AM
I did my first Crit yesterday and let me tell you. It was just as exciting as a atv race. Not so much the start(nothing beats a dead engine start for getting your nerves going) but the actually racing was so fast and close. Drafting from other riders makes a huge difference and its cool to work with others as a team to make a break and get out and pass people. I finished 30/48 so im not complaining as it was my first race and I never really trained for it yet.

honda400ex2003
03-06-2011, 10:20 AM
congrats on the finish! sounds like you had a blast! steve

Sjorge450R
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I also just found a great deal on a Specialized Tarmac from London that I will be buying. Waiting for more pictures from the seller and then I will probably be diving into the nice Full Carbon world :D

Tommy Warren
03-07-2011, 04:09 PM
does this count? I'm too lazy to peddle...

blaster12s
03-07-2011, 04:11 PM
anyone here ride fixies??
my road bike broke and i think im gonna turn it into one.
they are popular in philly.

Sjorge450R
03-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by blaster12s
anyone here ride fixies??
my road bike broke and i think im gonna turn it into one.
they are popular in philly.

idk....fixies IMO are for hipsters only. I see no point in a owning a single speed of any nature. Why not have a derailer and be able to keep up with traffic every where? IDK. maybe its just me, but SS's are dumb

blaster12s
03-07-2011, 06:29 PM
well here is the reason i would change mine...i recently broke the shift mec on my 1980 road bike and it would be cheaper to convert to a SS then replace all 18 gears.

axellmusic19
03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Go single speed if you only commute and want excercise. It's a great way to save weight and can actually give you a better pedal cadence when cruising than you normally would pedal at. The worst way to go singlespeed is actually to leave the original cassette or freewheel in the back unless it is a 6-speed or less in the rear. Also if the front is a triple remove all except the middle chain ring and find a ratio that works. But you are just gonna tighten the der. limits and put it on a gear and ride it, there are more efficient ways. My buddy raced professional MTN bikes and all he rides now are SS because he doesn't own a car, he can ride year round, little to no maintenance, cheaper initially and he is still faster than anybody else in the shop even with gears.

blaster12s
03-07-2011, 08:47 PM
thanks for the info!