View Full Version : Oh Boy ! Magic power box!!!

tri5ron
03-02-2011, 04:25 PM
I wonder how many people actually fall for this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-TRX400EX-ATV-Magic-Power-Increase-Box-New-Idea-/130362442786?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5a350422

If I get 2, will that be the same as a cam ?
and if I get 4, will that be the same as a 12:1 compression ?
and how many does it take to equal a Turbocharged Stroker ?

If I put a magnet on my fuel line will it make the Magic Power Box work even better ?

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

camaromitch
03-02-2011, 04:29 PM
- Reduce the Radio Noise

I hate it when I can hear the whine through the speakers on my 400ex

thebig450es
03-02-2011, 06:07 PM
wow ......all i can say

PaRedneckRiders
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
WOW
Improved fuel efficiency
Brighter headlights
And Reduced radio noise
I didnt think that was possible. IMA HAVE TO BUY ME SOME OF THEM THERE DEVICES. HECK MAYB 3 or 4 MAYB ILL JUST GET A STOCK IN "ATV Magic Power Increase Boxs" Then ill be the cool guy on the forum haha :cool: :macho :bandit:
And prob rich from people that fall for things like that.

01boneless
03-02-2011, 06:20 PM
its probly just two wires that hook to your battery that run in to the little box and do nothin but hang in there lol really they have probly maid a killing of those lol

honda400ex2003
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
my circuits teacher bought one for a car a couple of years ago for the circuits lab kids to mess with. lol it is fun to think that people will believe anything. I know alot of people that i could talk into buying one of those. :eek2:

steve

HondaPohl
03-02-2011, 08:03 PM
What a minute! It doesnt really work!!! JK. If anyone on this forum bought one, fess up. We won't laugh!

yellow02400ex
03-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I got 1 for each tire mad fast

tri5ron
03-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by HondaPohl
What a minute! It doesnt really work!!! JK. If anyone on this forum bought one, fess up. We won't laugh! Hahaha,... Speak for yourself,...
I'll,.... http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/tri5ron/Emoticons%20and%20funny%20pics/lmaosmiley.gif

sheweezy
03-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Just recently purchased the Magic Box....can run without the coil even hooked up...i guess some kind of magnetic force runs to the spark plug magically....its awesome....sometimes don't even have to hit the starter button...just give a few good pushes and hop on and it is incredible....great buy, highly recommend

400man
03-04-2011, 06:36 AM
I know one of you guys are just itch'n to try this thing.........and plus it says "We guarantee your satisfaction, otherwise, 100% refundable (within 30 days)." so if it dont work for ya, they will give your 60$ back to ya

:rolleyes:

jcs003
03-04-2011, 01:13 PM
i got one! presently im typing this from the moon. i love riding in the craters. and i confirm the moon is made of cheese.

grassman
03-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I just got one last week... works awesome... I got a extra 30 hp and get about 225 miles to a tank... I dont hear the constant whining in the speakers and dont foul out my plug all the time. With all this new power Im having a hard time keeping the wheels on the ground. Im telling ya'll..."ITS MAGIC" :rolleyes:

MtnEX
03-06-2011, 12:24 AM
All the joking aside guys... some machines actually do benefit kinda nicely from this part.

To keep it real real simple, kinda what this thing turns out to be is like a voltage stabilizer... in a way like the transformers out on the electric poles.

It helps to stabilize the system voltage so that in the wiring system the voltage remains more constant instead of going up and down.

This can help performance wise by helping deliver steady power so that the ignition coil can deliver high spark energy at all times.

I don't know how much this might help the 400EX because I have never connected a meter to it in order to monitor the system voltage while riding.

But some machines do suffer from near break-even voltage or worse in the system at some RPM levels.

Some machines do not generate enough power at lower RPM to burn a headlight without a battery in place. Some would not generate enough power to spark properly say at idle with the headlights on.

And then some of the newer machines out there today with a lot of extra electrical and EFI suffer some voltage fluctuation that alters performance too... because the output voltage of the EFI sensors the ECU reads for mapping strongly depends on the supplied input voltage.

I will eventually be adding one on my KFX450R because of this. I talked with a guy who put one on his and it is a small dyno-proven gain... but the greater dyno-proven truth in this application is that the run-to-run power output has also been really stabilized. The KFX is kinda known for dancing around on output on the dyno, making it hard to tune for max possible power.

I plan to put one on my Polaris also as it could use the help to stabilize the spark energy in on/off throttle situations because the system voltage kind of yo-yos because the stator output naturally fluctuates a lot with RPM change.

JOHNDOE83
03-06-2011, 06:38 AM
If you ever had a big stereo in your car or truck you probally added a capacitor "cap" in line with the amp power wires. Some people even add a extra battery on really big systems.

Thats exactly what this is, a capacitor and it will help your battery and electrics but as far as performance gain I highly doubt any HP will be added.

The spark a ATV generates comes from the flywheel and the internal motor ghost, that makes spark.

I even run my atv without a battery sometimes.

If it did add power, that would mean you could put a huge car battery on your ATV and make it faster.

2001400exrida
03-06-2011, 06:54 AM
how do you run a 400ex without a battery? you bump start it everytime?

JOHNDOE83
03-06-2011, 07:44 AM
No I jump start it.

crownandmonster
03-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
If you ever had a big stereo in your car or truck you probally added a capacitor "cap" in line with the amp power wires. Some people even add a extra battery on really big systems.

Thats exactly what this is, a capacitor and it will help your battery and electrics but as far as performance gain I highly doubt any HP will be added.

The spark a ATV generates comes from the flywheel and the internal motor ghost, that makes spark.

I even run my atv without a battery sometimes.

If it did add power, that would mean you could put a huge car battery on your ATV and make it faster.

I think you kinda have the wrong point here...A big car battery and your 4-wheeler battery are both 12 volt systems so the bigger battery wouldn't matter. I'm guessing this thing just increases voltage to the coil to help with spark intensity. Some race ignitions actually require 17 volts and guys use things similar to this to obtain the 17 volts.

sheweezy
03-07-2011, 06:00 PM
i wonder if this is the "little help" that dude was talkin about that made his 400ex put out 60 hp, cuz it def wasn't the 22hp shot of nitrous he put into, seein that i don't know how you put out a 22 "hp" shot

togup
03-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by MtnEX
All the joking aside guys... some machines actually do benefit kinda nicely from this part.

To keep it real real simple, kinda what this thing turns out to be is like a voltage stabilizer... in a way like the transformers out on the electric poles.

It helps to stabilize the system voltage so that in the wiring system the voltage remains more constant instead of going up and down.

This can help performance wise by helping deliver steady power so that the ignition coil can deliver high spark energy at all times.

I don't know how much this might help the 400EX because I have never connected a meter to it in order to monitor the system voltage while riding.

But some machines do suffer from near break-even voltage or worse in the system at some RPM levels.

Some machines do not generate enough power at lower RPM to burn a headlight without a battery in place. Some would not generate enough power to spark properly say at idle with the headlights on.

And then some of the newer machines out there today with a lot of extra electrical and EFI suffer some voltage fluctuation that alters performance too... because the output voltage of the EFI sensors the ECU reads for mapping strongly depends on the supplied input voltage.

I will eventually be adding one on my KFX450R because of this. I talked with a guy who put one on his and it is a small dyno-proven gain... but the greater dyno-proven truth in this application is that the run-to-run power output has also been really stabilized. The KFX is kinda known for dancing around on output on the dyno, making it hard to tune for max possible power.

I plan to put one on my Polaris also as it could use the help to stabilize the spark energy in on/off throttle situations because the system voltage kind of yo-yos because the stator output naturally fluctuates a lot with RPM change.

NICE TRY too bad honda already thought of it though its called a ballast resistor every ex already has one!

MtnEX
03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by togup
NICE TRY too bad honda already thought of it though its called a ballast resistor every ex already has one!

Like I said, I've never hooked my meter up to my EX and monitored the operating voltage to see if it would be any benefit to the EX or not. Maybe not.

This thing would be about worthless on a real stable electrical system, yet beneficial on one that is not.

tri5ron
03-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Combine the benefits of this Amaaazing Hunk of Plastic,... the "Amp Power Link",...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300257088441&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT ,....

to the "Magic Power Box",...

add a half tablespoon of Liquid Drano to the brake fluid,...

and some sand in the oil tank to help keep any sludge from building up inside the engine,...

and you should have the most amazing machine ever built !

jake"08"400
03-07-2011, 11:30 PM
I've seen some pretty crazy stuff but that takes the cake......a piece of plastics going to help my traction?

CJM
03-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Nice lol, 150+ bucks for a chain keeper... I wonder how many actually buy that stuff?

nkillian9
03-08-2011, 12:24 AM
actually i think that may be an amp link has 2 gears inside look like sprockets for the chain to run in. And beleive it or not on a banshee this thing makes a pretty decent dfference.

tri5ron
03-08-2011, 09:30 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tornado-Air-Intake-Engine-Performance-Add-on-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem562c69f135QQitemZ37011 2327989QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries
another HP generating wonder :D
They still sell these things?

AHhhh, Here ya go,... Now we're talking some REAL Tecknoallegeee

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Better-than-Tornado-Fuel-Saver-works-ALL-Cars-/150571209083?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230ebe517b

If I mount it backwards, ... will my '03 400EX have reverse ?

of course, we can't forget about "The wing"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCARY-FAST-POWER-NOW-WING-CRF450-CRF-450-R-02-06-/190509916368?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5b46a0d0

And the +10HP from a Sparkplug...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFORMANCE-PLUG-HONDA-CB-100-125-200-350F-400-450-650-/380261103574?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588953f7d6

honda400ex2003
03-08-2011, 09:53 AM
im buying all of them! time to call rossier for another dyno run.

steve

jcs003
03-08-2011, 12:08 PM
the "wing" device actually has been proven to work. it adds low end power by allowing the air charge to be accelerated through the carb. a few of the top intake companies make a variation of this.