PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Mustang...Reliable?..good deal?

mrusk
02-16-2003, 09:26 AM
Hey guys. Yesterday i was sitting on the jon reading the local auto trader that i picked up earlier in the day.

I found a 2002 left over mustand. Its a GT-R. Red, v8, 6 speed, abs, cd, and some other stuff. The price is 22k, down from 28k.

It seems like a awesome deal. We are thinking about getting it. I was wondering if this is a reliable car? I heard lots of people say fords suck. Whats the difference between the regular GT and this GT-R? And i thought the mustangs were 5 speeds?

thanks. Awnser what you can.

matt

YamaWarr0121
02-16-2003, 09:32 AM
sounds good to me..my sister has a 2002 gt but its only a 5 speed i dont think they came out with 6's? ..but there nice cars..heavy loud slow compared to camaros but there nice 22k isnt bad either!

FourFiftyFour
02-16-2003, 12:58 PM
well theres one thing wrong with a mustang........ EVERYONE has them... if that doesn't bug you then go ahead.... I'd rather spend 22K on a nice truck for goin to the races in. Preferably a 4x4 with at least 6" of lift :D

mrusk
02-16-2003, 01:10 PM
I don't think i am going to get the stang. It will suck in the winter when i won't be able to go anywhere and i think insurance will kill me.

I acctually think i am going to be selling the R. I have to work alot so i won't have as much time to practice for racing. Every race is like 75-100 bucks. And most of all i want a street bike. If i sell the R i'll pick up one of these used 400ex for 3k to trail ride with.

matt

300exazzkikr
02-16-2003, 04:07 PM
The insurance will kill you on the car especially in Jersey.

TRX250X
02-16-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm not too sure about a GT-R edition. I've never heard of this and I keep up on the mustangs pretty well. I also never heard of 6 speeds being stuck in an 02 model. If it's a brand new 02 Mustang GT for 22 it's a pretty good deal. Don't expect to drive it though if the weathers too bad. I got stuck getting out of the driveway yesterday. If you're looking for a sports car you'll be happy. The mustang is a bit more refined than a camaro. What the chevy has in brute strength the mustang makes up for in handling and other aspects. Plus if you like building up a car there are tons of parts to make it go faster.

YamaWarr0121
02-16-2003, 07:44 PM
yeah sucking in winter is for sure..if i were you id go for an evo VIII just came out..271 hp all wheel drive 6 speed MMM mmm

cant wait for another year til i get my license

Glow Plug
02-16-2003, 07:47 PM
sounds liek a good deal but just in the winter i would be worried about but if it stues(sp?) you then go for it