PDA

View Full Version : deciding on fuel programmer... input?

bigbad400
03-01-2011, 11:09 PM
got a intake cam and will be adding a fuel programmer but im at a stand still again... i have used a few brands without problems, used a few with some issues, tell me about yours and what issues if any and cost. tell me were you found it. installation and ease of use... thanks everyone.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-02-2011, 08:11 AM
I would recommend the powercommander. Yes they are more expensive but very tunable and user friendly.

kfx400rider03
03-02-2011, 08:39 AM
not sure if this is true but i heard pc3 and the yoshi one are the only turners you can make it so the quad uses less fuel (negative numbers) . and all other tuners only let you add fuel.

blholtz
03-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I would go with the PC5 the whole set up is kind of pricey, but once you get it all installed. The thing will read the air fuel mixture of the exhaust and adjust the fuel to be on the money.

And if you do more upgrades then there is no more need to dyno tune.

I am not 100% sure how it all works, I have the PC3. A friend of mine used it and swears by it.

kfx400rider03
03-02-2011, 09:12 PM
x2 on the pcv and auto tuner. gonna cost a bit but like said before if you have future mods this would be perfect so you dont have to visit the dyno everytime.
wish i had one now:mad: