PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wont start

jleable
02-16-2003, 08:23 AM
When my quad is in gear and I pull the clutch in it wont start. It always use too? it will only start when it's in neutral. I figured I would ask here before I go digging through my EX. My quess is that my clutch lever is too loose and isn't getting pulled in far enough. Any other ideas?

HSD400EX
02-16-2003, 10:12 AM
when i took off my start switch i had the same problem..look foor the two wires that have like boots on them...make sure they are connected to the source or touching eack other...and another..on the shifter side of your quadbehind the clutch thee is a wire that plugs into the motor some how..i dont know how but it does..that was my buddies problem

Stevie-D
02-16-2003, 02:23 PM
i had the same problem..
on your clutch handle\parkin brake perch, there is a small black box held on there with 2 screws...there are 2 recievers on it, and there are 2 small wires that should be connected to it. if there not, just plug them back in...

the small black box has a little piece of metal on the one side of it which hits the base of the clutch lever when it is pulled in...this completes some sort of circuit, allowing it to start in gear...if the wires aint in, it wont work..doh...:blah

o ya..sometimes the little metal thing on the black box gets corroded and it will break the circuit...check that too for a possible problem

jleable
02-16-2003, 02:30 PM
I went outside and sure enough one of them was loose, thanks for the info

R-Crazy
02-16-2003, 08:52 PM
if ya got 30 bucks to spare, buy a new lever and perch and put it on. cut the two wires and put them together. get a block off plate to clean up to caliper and you got a cleaner, hassle free (hopefully), cheap blingin' project. you could even polish some of the stuff.