PDA

View Full Version : Motocros 460ex For Sale Gibson w/Custom Axis

honda460ex
03-01-2011, 09:10 PM
I have a 2001 400ex that is bored and stroked to a 460. It has a Hotrod Stroker Crank and Rod. 440 Sleeve. Stroker cam by hotcams. JE 13:1 to 1 compression piston. 2005 450r Carb. +1mm Larger Intake Valves. Both intake and exhaust valves are kibblewhite black diamond. Slight port & polish to head. GT Thunder heavy duty head bolts. GT Thunder exhaust & header. K&N Filter. Tapered bearings front and rear (only 2 rides on the rear). Gibson +3+1 long travel a-arms (New spherical bearings this past year). RPM +1 7/8'' Swingarm. +4 axle. Custom Axis Long Travel Shocks in front. Custom Axis rear shock (is leaking fluid, needs rebuilt soon). Beadlocks front, factory rim in rear. Also have a set of rear beadlocks with worn out tires on them to go with the quad. Houser steering stem (needs new bushings). TAG Bars. Graydon nerf bars. TAG front bumper. MSD Coil. Yes it runs, and runs good... Can compression test it in front of you if you want to look. I am selling only because I have bought a bass boat and want out of riding for a while. My knees can't handle it much anymore. ASKING $2,200... Text or call me 859-445-4836. If you want pictures let me know an email address to send them to.

honda460ex
03-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Another picture...

honda460ex
03-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I finally figured out how to convert larger pictures! lol...

Shafer777
03-07-2011, 01:35 PM
could u do the compression test, im interested... but how long has it been since the rebuild, and what kind of air filter do u use and how often do u wash/service it? and do u have pics of the other side? i would like to see the pipe. thanks

Thumpin440ex
03-07-2011, 03:21 PM
What part of Kentucky?? Pics and any additional info to mangler0075@aol.com

I am also curious as to how long ago the rebuild has been.. Thanks

John

honda460ex
03-07-2011, 08:43 PM
I live in Independence which is south of Cincinnati, OH by about 20-25 minutes. So I live pretty far to the Northern side of the state. The rebuild was probably about 5 years ago now. The thing is, for at least two of those years the quad sat in my brother in laws garage and wasn't started at all. I had a chipmunk or squirrel set up shop in the exhaust and a snake skin was in my air-box, lol... That's how long it had sat. I will do a compression test in front of anyone who wants to see it. I can do one and post the numbers on here but it would be a couple days before I could. A four wheeling friend of mine died in a car crash on Friday and things are a little crazy right now. I only run a K&N air filter. Reason why, a UNI or any other foam filter I have tried restricts it. I used to have a tach on the quad and any foam filter I tried would only allow the quad to reach 7,000rpm's under a load. They strangle the quad on the big end badly... With a K&N I have never had that problem. I used to have two filters that I rotated every time I rode. One of the filters got destroyed because i ran over it on accident. But i don't ride enough now to worry about servicing and riding in a day or two. I clean the filter after every ride in the summer though with all the dust. Every couple of rides if it's not to dusty. I want to be honest with anyone so I will tell you if the quad sits for a month or so and you start it it might smoke a little off the start. I believe it is a valve seal from where the motor didn't get ran for a while. If it sits for a few days or a week or sometimes longer, it won't smoke at all. I keep a close eye on the oil every time I ride it and it doesn't burn any off to notice. Every time I take the quad out I check the bearings front and rear especially due to them being tapered. I try to clean it soon after every ride. To be honest though it's only been on one ride in the last three months or so. Maybe 6 or 7 this last year. I also put a new starter clutch in it the first of last year. The front left shock does have a slight tweek in the base which I will post a picture up of. I did it probably 6 years ago when I raced a 686 Trinity Raptor. We were both cocky and I didn't leave enough stopping room. I went through a stop sign at a T-intersection and took out a street sign. I won, but it cost me a new frame and one a-arm to a tune of around $600. The shock has worked fine though. Somewhere one of my friends has a video of me overshooting a 70' tabletop by about 10' and flat landing it. It held, so i wasn't concerned. Now that I have wrote a book I'll try to post some more pictures. Sorry for the long reply all, but I want the thing to have a good home and I want to be honest to whoever wants it. The thing is like a child to me.

honda460ex
03-07-2011, 08:44 PM

honda460ex
03-07-2011, 08:45 PM

honda460ex
03-07-2011, 08:45 PM

honda460ex
03-07-2011, 08:46 PM

honda460ex
03-07-2011, 08:47 PM