PDA

View Full Version : this sux!

quadman22
02-16-2003, 08:10 AM
yesterday i was ridign with a guy on a z400. it wasn't running quite right for some reason so we stopped and we were seeing what was wrong. anyways, the big green truck pulls up.:ermm: the big green game warden truck. he comes to me and asks where i live, so i told him. he then said how they have been chasing me for months because they've been seeing my tracks. but why were they chasing me i thought. he said that there are NO ATV'S ALLOWED in the state forest that comes into my yard. this is where i ride all the time. i told him that i always see dirtbikes riding back here though to which he replied that DIRTBIKES ARE ALLOWED . What the ****? dirtbikes are allowed but quads aren't? this sucks sooo much. he didnt give me a ticket but he told me that next time he would. so now i think im gonna have to buy a dirtbike. i want a quad tho:mad: :mad: this sucks so much. i ride back there everyday. but now i have to get a bike. so anyways i think im gonna get a yz250f. those are sweet bikes.

trailburner
02-16-2003, 08:18 AM
Dirt bikes are allowed but quads are'nt?????I would make a couple phone calls about that[DNR office] & ask them to explain that one does'nt sound right at all?????

quadman22
02-16-2003, 08:26 AM
i read the reg.'s and it says not atvs but how screwed up is that? dirtbikes do a lot more damage than quads. well at least around here they do. and the dirtbikes around here are alot louder too.

CHAUNCY
02-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by quadman22
yesterday i was ridign with a guy on a z400. it wasn't running quite right for some reason so we stopped and we were seeing what was wrong. anyways, the big green truck pulls up.:ermm: the big green game warden truck. he comes to me and asks where i live, so i told him. he then said how they have been chasing me for months because they've been seeing my tracks. but why were they chasing me i thought. he said that there are NO ATV'S ALLOWED in the state forest that comes into my yard. this is where i ride all the time. i told him that i always see dirtbikes riding back here though to which he replied that DIRTBIKES ARE ALLOWED . What the ****? dirtbikes are allowed but quads aren't? this sucks sooo much. he didnt give me a ticket but he told me that next time he would. so now i think im gonna have to buy a dirtbike. i want a quad tho:mad: :mad: this sucks so much. i ride back there everyday. but now i have to get a bike. so anyways i think im gonna get a yz250f. those are sweet bikes.

250f's are sweet bikes. A friend has one and likes. My bro and dad both had the 400's. My dad had a wr400 and my bro had a yzf400. I would try and convince em to let you ride back there.

Nausty
02-16-2003, 10:41 AM
quads tear trails up a lot more imo, tracks too.

CHAUNCY
02-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Nausty

Yea cuzz they got 4 wheels but i guess if you are just puttin along it wouldn't tear up the trails.

sportraxrider10
02-16-2003, 12:12 PM

i'm not trying to flame or anything but i don't understand how that would be. i mean dirt bikes have 2 wheels and they make so many more ruts. could you explain this to me.

stocktires
02-16-2003, 12:20 PM
yea nausty, It always seemed to me that quads pushed dirt out of the corners and made "whoopish" type trails, while bikes make ruts

quadman22
02-16-2003, 12:31 PM
yeah back behind my house, when 3 dirtbikes go crankin around it looks like there was a race, the quads dont do that back here. quads make things smoother for the most part when the bikes make deep ruts... IMO

muff
02-16-2003, 12:36 PM
a dirt bike rips up a 4" wide path, a quad rips up 2 11" paths, lookin at it this way quads do more damage, I know what you guys are sayin about ruts on a dirt bike, but quads dont make the world flat either

if you were toolin around a lawn which would kill more grass, a dirt bike or quad?

Nausty
02-16-2003, 12:58 PM
ya but dirt bike rutts arn't to bad for dirt bikers because they use them around corners and the faces of jumps. btw I do ride dirt bikes well I guess did we're selling the cr tomarrow.:( Dad's gonna get a 400ex I think.

stocktires
02-16-2003, 02:09 PM
ya but dirt bike rutts arn't to bad for dirt bikers because they use them around corners and the faces of jumps.

So do quads :)

quadman22
02-16-2003, 05:07 PM
either way... it just seems so unfair that dirtbike are allowed and ATV's aren't. what do u guys think of the yz250f?

CHAUNCY
02-16-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by quadman22
what do u guys think of the yz250f?

I think its an awesome bike. I heard alot of great thing about em.

GetHigh250r
02-16-2003, 05:11 PM
NOT ONLY THAT ONCE YOU HAVE RUTS FROM A 5 INCH WIDE TIRE U HAVE EROSION...:huh :confused:

02-16-2003, 07:06 PM
most dirtbikers are more responsible, not saying you and your freinds arent, quads and 3 wheelers have a image of being trouble makers and probaly worried some lil kid is gonna go in there and hurt himself on hi dads quad quads tear up a wider path and thats probaly the reason

rookiex
02-16-2003, 07:26 PM
Racism cry racism......Thats what I would say! Well get REV RICO after them...

Bean
02-16-2003, 08:55 PM
quads IMO are like white males, the most abused racist against people on the earth, sure white males used to be king, like quads kinda were in the 80's, but...

if a white store owner fires a black/china/mexican/etc for not working in the store owners opionion, it is automatic grounds for sueing for racial crap, (i read a story where a store owner had to video tape a black girl not working 5 times before he could fire her) but if the store owner is black, etc, they can fire a white male on the spot with no problem, just some random rambling

anyway, i think dirtbikes tear up ground more, 4in tire + more HP = rippin

02-16-2003, 08:58 PM
i think there prob more concerned with trail gettin too wide