PDA

View Full Version : cam vs powerbomb

jake"08"400
03-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I got a lil extra money to spend lol. Anyways what would be the best and most reliable performance part to get for my 4hundy? A stage one hot cam are a powerbomb header? No motor mods just what's in my sig,

tri5ron
03-01-2011, 05:22 PM
upgrade the Front Shocks FIRST, before anything else do the Front Shocks. The Front Shocks are junk, so you should replace the Front Shocks First, Honda dropped the ball on the Front Shocks, so you need to replace them with better Front Shocks, because we reffer to the original Front Shocks as pogo sticks, so replacing the Front Shocks is the best thing you can do for a 400ex that still has original Front Shocks, because they are junk, and if you get good Front Shocks, you will ride much better with good Front Shocks, you will ride faster with good Front Shocks, and you will ride longer with good Front Shocks, and it will handle better with good Front Shocks.

BTW,- Did I mention replacing the FRONT SHOCKS ???

jake"08"400
03-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Yea 14 times I got it the first time actually before you even said it cause I already have some 450r shocks . So any other ideas?

tri5ron
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
I was only judging by your sig which did not list them. Just messin' around there bud.

450r shocks are great, and repsrung with progressive, dual or triple rates, makes them even better. Also, adding a stabilizer compliments them quite nicely.

I know you asked about Cam vs. Powerbomb, but most guys experienced with the 400EX will tell you that getting the suspension and handleing dialed in first will provide a much better Bang for your buck.

Power and more power will do you no good, if the bike can't effectively use it or do anything with it.
after that, a stage 1 cam would give you more gains than the expensive exhaust.
Once you start going to bigger bores, and higher compressions, and even Larger cams,.....
That is when and where your see better gains from a better breather.

sneaky11
03-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Sparks +6 timing key with a stg 1 cam, I'll put a 450r carb before the powerbomb, and just grind the stock head pipe weld. Even before the powerbomb i'll smooth my head intake ports and polish the exhaust one (freebie) or just get your head p&p by a pro for less than the cost of the powerbomb!! I think ... sorry, I'm sure you'll have a best bang for ure bucks that way!

sneaky11
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
450r shocks are great, and repsrung with progressive, dual or triple rates, makes them even better. Also, adding a stabilizer compliments them quite nicely.

I know you asked about Cam vs. Powerbomb, but most guys experienced with the 400EX will tell you that getting the suspension and handleing dialed in first will provide a much better Bang for your buck.

x2

jake"08"400
03-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Yea sorry if I was a jerk lol I'm at work dealing with these dang stupid thug people.....I was thinking a steering stabilzer would be better to get tho really. I just wanted to know about those in case I go that route

2001400exrida
03-01-2011, 07:09 PM
i slapped some 450r shocks on my ex and it's night and day difference going up the hills and stuff.

ish416
03-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Honestly, there is no need for a header on a stock bore EX. Your money would be better spent on a timing key and/or 04-05 450r carb.

Those will give you the best bang for the dollar without tearing the top end apart.