PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Oversized tanks.. anyone come across one???

troybilt
03-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Can't say that I've seen on in the last 4 or 5 years. They were the rage back in the early 90's on the desert bikes, Ben Schlimme, Sundahl, etc... I'd like to have one for a future project if there's one around. I think many of them were Team KWIK tanks...

250Rhonda
03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
Can't say that I've seen on in the last 4 or 5 years. They were the rage back in the early 90's on the desert bikes, Ben Schlimme, Sundahl, etc... I'd like to have one for a future project if there's one around. I think many of them were Team KWIK tanks...

This isn't much help but there is a guy out there that was building custom aluminum trail gas tanks for arctic cat snocross sleds they were beautiful; I think it was Fast Eddies Trail Tanks or something like that he could probably build you a beautiful one.

J.B.
03-02-2011, 06:08 AM
I saw a 250r on CL recently that had a huge aluminum tank on it. It was some desert looking bike.

I will look for it.

SilverLake250R
03-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Troy, hontrx265r had an aluminum tank made for his crf hybrid. Also, pinitatv has an aluminum tank on his Walsh KTM. Both of those tanks are standard size, but they might know where you could get an oversized one made.

woodsracer144
03-02-2011, 08:54 AM
jody ( pintitatv) can make you damb near anything you want. great guy to deal with... and his shop makes yoor jaw drop if you get the tour...

SilverLake250R
03-02-2011, 08:59 AM
...and his shop makes yoor jaw drop if you get the tour...

Yes it does. I was in there for a couple hours and I don't think I saw half of his stuff....