PDA

View Full Version : 08yfz Shocks, A-arms, Steering dampner?

SE_YFZ_08
03-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Iv had my 08 yfz for about a year and want to do a few things to it. I ride at little sahara a few times a year, but mostly just around the farm and a few local tracks.

Iv been thinking about a-arms going with a +.5, i think +2 might be to wide but not sure?

Shocks for a better ride, if i go with +.5 a-arms do i need long travel shocks? What is a good shock to go with?

Steering dampner/stabilizer are they worth getting, if so what is a good one?

Help me out, comments, ideas, anything.
Thanks

yfzrider690
03-01-2011, 06:55 PM
I run +2 arms and the front of my bike is just over 50 inches wide, I ride all dunes so it handles so good, I also got a rpm dominator adjustable axle to widen the back. The shocks that you are gonna run depends on if the arms are long travel or not, if you are looking for used stuff I would check out yfzcentral.com, there is always front ends for sale over there. I just ordered a streamline stick stabalizer and should have it this week, my buddy runs one on his raptor and says it works pretty good. There only around 130 bucks so there not as good as the gpr or other brands that cost 500 bucks but they will get the job done if you dont want to spend a ton.

Kovatch
03-02-2011, 06:56 AM
I would suggest going with a +2 LT set up. I once spent all the money on a +2 setup for a Z400 that wasn't long travel and I regretting it. If you can, find a used set for sale and snag up shocks and a-arms for $1k or so.

If you ride on the track, you will want the width. LT shocks just make everything that much better. As for a brand. They all are good. PEP, Elka, fox. I live near Baldwin, so I get my PEPs from him. A lot of people think they feel mushy, but I'm used to it.

Any stick dampener would be fine. If you find an adjustable one, thats even better.

I would just spend the money on a LT set up. If you ever decide to race, the confidence you can get from the LT is worth it.