PDA

View Full Version : 400ex setup

45boggs438
03-01-2011, 01:50 AM
ok guy ive had my 400ex for about 7 months and it just seems that everytime i fix somthing its somthin else i was wondering wat would be the cheapest setup for my bike like
-motor componits
-axle
-nerf bars with heel gaurds
-swing arm
-exhaust
-plastic
-a arms
-anything really i want to fix the bike up nice but low budget so wat are some ideas for a good setup but not so pricie

the motor i have found that it had stripped bolts i had no idea about on the head cover

and another problem is my lock nut on the axle will tighten so far them pop back and wont stay tight what could this be

post pics of bike soon

trailrider894
03-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by 45boggs438
ok guy ive had my 400ex for about 7 months and it just seems that everytime i fix somthing its somthin else i was wondering wat would be the cheapest setup for my bike like
-motor componits
-axle
-nerf bars with heel gaurds
-swing arm
-exhaust
-plastic
-a arms
-anything really i want to fix the bike up nice but low budget so wat are some ideas for a good setup but not so pricie

the motor i have found that it had stripped bolts i had no idea about on the head cover

and another problem is my lock nut on the axle will tighten so far them pop back and wont stay tight what could this be

post pics of bike soon

A-lot of the setup's we can recommend are fairly application specific, so what type of terrain do you ride most?? Or what type of racing do you do?? Motorcross, XC Racing, Dune Rider, or All-Terrain Weekend Warrior??

If I had to recommend a setup for the weekend warrior, I would do the following things, with suspension components top priority.

-416 11:1 with a P&P and 450r Carb.
-G-Force +4 Axle
-Pro Armor Nerfs
-+'06 450r Swinger ( its about "1 longer than the stock 400ex swinger)
-Sparks Full system exhaust or, Motoworks Full system.
- If the stock plastics are in good condition i would leave them on it.
-+2 A-arms, you can find them used for sale, or i believe there are some companies that make them pretty cheap. Don't fall for the ebay brands like Full-Flight or Pro-X, they use heim joints that need replacing all to often.

!!!! This is the most important part!!!!

!!!! UPGRADE THE FRONT SHOCKS!!!!

You can put 450r front shocks on your EX and get them re-valved for your riding style, and weight. It will rock your world!!!

45boggs438
03-01-2011, 11:26 AM
thanks for the info an i ride in west virginia in the mountains but thinking of gncc

trailrider894
03-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by 45boggs438
thanks for the info an i ride in west virginia in the mountains but thinking of gncc

GNCC is gonna be less of a wide setup. With 6ply tires and beadlocks front and rear. Handguards, full nerfs, heavy duty bumper ( the PRM Bumper comes to mind ).

tri5ron
03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
GNCC is gonna be less of a wide setup. With 6ply tires and beadlocks front and rear. Handguards, full nerfs, heavy duty bumper ( the PRM Bumper comes to mind ). agreed,
add to that front shocks, skid plates (at LEAST a swinger plate, if not full plates), steering stabilizer.

+ various engine mods at you wallets discretion.

CJM
03-01-2011, 09:14 PM
+1 or +.5 a-arms up front are what you want, if your feeling spendy you can get the style thats max ground clearance-where the lower arm is raised the closer frame so you have more clearance.

Id make sure you run razr 2 up front and razr rear or razr2 rear for max traction, 6 ply all the way around. Could also run the irazr or razr ballance too.