PDA

View Full Version : works clutch perch

j4duncanr
02-28-2011, 08:53 PM
do i have to do anything special with the wires that are connected to stock perch if i go to works style?or can i just unplug and ride.i have also installed atv innovation starter button so i dont need the factory handlebar cluster.its on a 06 450er.im havingstarting issues and im trying to see if ive gone wrong somewhere.it was fine b4 frame off build

jackrb100
03-01-2011, 01:42 PM
You will need to splice those wires together

j4duncanr
03-02-2011, 06:54 PM
why? what will happen if i dont?what is that safety switchs job?

jackrb100
03-03-2011, 12:47 PM
This will allow you to start in gear. Also I have had this problem before and the bike will run badly if they are not connected because there is a ground that needs to be made here aswell. Hope this helps.

DnB_racing
03-03-2011, 03:14 PM
if the yellow/green stripe wire isn't grounded it wont run, which is why it has to be connected to a green to complete the circuit for the starter solenoid,

it will not cause any other issues if not connected it just wont start, it has nothing to do with performance

j4duncanr
03-07-2011, 02:54 PM
dnb i unplugged the stock starter/lighting cluster and installed atv innovations wiring system for the elec starter and kill switch.i have spark it runs just hard to start lots of starter cranking b4 starting.then it runs like crap.tokyo mod did the carb mod and installed r@d accelerator pump.my tps is still hooked up could my throttle position be off making it hard to start.im having to turn up idle to much to keep running because then it wants to run away and takes several seconds to idle back down.i have checked for air leaks.motor is all stock.could it be decompression lever.all valves are in spect.5-6 intake 11 exhaust decom 11

DnB_racing
03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
no that doesnt sound like your valves as much as a carb issue.... what jetting do you have and were is the air fuel screw??

new plug and new gas ??

after frame off build did you clean up your grounds from paint before mounting the grounds

usually slow to return to idle is a lean condition

j4duncanr
03-07-2011, 06:07 PM
stock it was great strating and running i sent it tokyo mod just to cure that aggrevating bog i hate it.i came from riding 250rs.stock pilot was 42 now its 48 or 52 sorry im not exact.2 turns out air screw.stock needle moved i dont have those #s but it does have the grooves its on 3rd groove.i had 168 main jet(running sparks pipe).it has 182.leak jet was70 i believe they put in a 55.power pump is 1 1/2 out.so like i said hard to start.hard to keep running i had to keep pullin choke to start hard to get it perfect ohhh and it still had bog when i got back on throttle after a ski jump.new gas 93 motor has less than 25 hours on it.it has sat alot last few yrs.yes all grounds are bare metal

DnB_racing
03-07-2011, 06:34 PM
182 seams huge for the main, but that shouldn't affect the starting that much... if it will only run with the chock then its to lean, Im not to familiar with the tokyo mod as far as were to adjust the acc pump, but the starting circuit is the pilot and A/f adjustment

try to adjust the screw while its running to try to bring the idle to a reasonable setting, and see where your screw is.... and it will tell you what to do with the pilot! if you have to go more then 3 turn out bigger pilot and if you have to turn in its to big

j4duncanr
03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
i am already bigger on pilot.than i was stock were it started and ran fine.how can it be lean?

DnB_racing
03-07-2011, 06:54 PM
if you need choke to run, its lean somewhere, and hanging up on returning to idle is a lean condition, but your definitely not lean on the main that's too big

j4duncanr
03-07-2011, 07:15 PM
i have to use the choke to get it started only.it will just whip the starter if i dont use it hot or cold(cold we know it uses the choke)hot it will just crank and crank pull choke fires right up and i throttle it to keep running but its running like crap.and this is when motor is warmed to normal temp.could 11thousandths on the decomp do this or should i go to 15?.i agree with your lean theory but im not lean on my jetting.could i be missing something else?

DnB_racing
03-07-2011, 07:27 PM
sound like a air leak but if you allready checked boot and also make sure the boot isnt cracked or leaking,

other then that check your plug ... do a plug chop

and read the plug or take a very close well lit detailed pic of plug after the chop