PDA

View Full Version : 250R rear end on 05 YFZ?

250Renvy
02-28-2011, 09:48 AM
I thought I remember seeing conversions for 250R axle, carrier, brake setup on the 04/05 YFZ's

Is this something that people did - if I got a swingarm made, would the 250R stuff work?

I got lots of 250R spares and that would save me buying a new axle and parts vs just buying a swingarm.

JH Racing
02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
You just need a round housing swingarm the yfz and 250r round housings are the same except the bearings so use a 250 carrier caliper bracket caliper axle and hubs you are ready to go.

maxamillion
02-28-2011, 09:07 PM
i was looking into this awhile back too and i got alot of mixed answers.

Jh racing- once u throw in a 250r carrier, axle, ect.. into the aftermarket yfz 04-05 round house swingarm does the rear sprocket line up with the front still? also does the brake stay line up correctly with the stud on the swingarm where the little bushing goes? i would love to see pics of this i havent seen any for a long time.

i talked to nate @ Walsh Racecraft on the phone about it and he said they make a swingarm specifically for the 250r rear compenants and said that it is not the same swingarm as the round house 04-05 swingarm. so that had me confused on what the difference actually is..