PDA

View Full Version : Air Scoops

trx400Rider
02-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Anybody know where I can get a set of aluminum air scoops for a 2007 400ex?
I see that Rocky Mountain has UM air scoops for the 400ex's, but I'm not sure if they'll fit the newer model EX's.
Also I'm looking for a case saver. Any suggestions for a good one?
Whats everybody running or recommend on the newer style 400ex's?

I'll be adding those 2 items when I figure out which is best and what works soon, along with a Blingstar Ironcross bumper, and a Renthal chain and sprocket set.

I'm slowly building my 400. Its coming along alright so far.

By summer I'd like to have a Spal fan, front Maxxis Razrs, ASV Shorty's, and Shocks, don't know what kind. Leaning towards the 450r, but might do something else if I can find any that are good new shocks for 500$ or under.

CJM
02-27-2011, 11:24 PM
It gets over 85F most of the time in the summer and I ride in a very large sand pit, the 400 has never over heated once even with the 416 bore and running all out all day long. I hardly even use my spal fan.

Imho those air scoops are a real waste of money. Not only could you make them for about 10 bucks in sheetmetal but they would probably look better.

dave07ex
02-28-2011, 07:59 AM
I made a set for my old 07 out of aluminum. I just recently made them for the 08 that I picked up a few months ago. I'll upload a pic as soon as I can. BTW, the scoops for an 07 are just hanging around. I'll sell them if anyone's interested.

finsteratv
02-28-2011, 08:49 AM
how much?

trx400Rider
02-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Well I like the looks of the air scoops. And I think the scoops and Spal fan would be a great practical addition that everyone should have espsecially in the southern states where temps are high. Here in TN temps reach around 100. I believe the stock cooling system is terrible, and would like to upgrade it simply by bolting 2 items on. It would deff help out on lowering engine temperature. Lower temp= better engine performance and prolongs the engine.

Anyway, what aftermarket air scoops do you all run on the newer style 400ex's?