PDA

View Full Version : Hit the snow today....

400exredrider
02-15-2003, 09:58 PM
I took the Predator and the ex out in the snow which i really shouldent have tooken the Ex out case i had to take all the MX stuff off and put my paddles on :p we got around 7 inches here and about 30 mph wind gusts. i didnt ride the Ex much since its not set up for that type of riding......we have a bunch of Dirt roads out here that they dont maintain and theres one that i decided to ride on.. well the first part of it was fine but once i started to get comfortable on it there was about a 5ft drift infront of me and and ice below me so i locked up my brakes turnt sideways preparing for the worst and hit the drift going pretty fast and there was snow everywhere in my helmet down my pants you know:D i also rode the predator awhile that day....also about 4 or 5 people got there pickups stuck and i ended up pulling them out..one goy slid into a ditch and hit a culvert and you know thos drain pipes that go through land....metal..well i got him pulled out and when i was pulling him he started spinning his tires and got a pretty big slit in his tire.....anyway maby this should be under powertrain but all three things my pick up my predator and my EX started cutting out after a full day of riding in the snow. i think i found tho problem on the predator and the EX but not the truck i was getting water in the airbox and my carb was gettin watter in it and freezin up......anyone know how to prevent this? it was the same prob in both Quads.......ANYWAY sorry for the long dumb post but thats what my day was long and dumb:o

CBW
02-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Long and dumb day:huh ,,nah you had fun it sounds like...........i just spent the day in the shop putting my quad back together :D and wishing we had snow:(

400exredrider
02-15-2003, 10:05 PM
what were you doin to it? fixing it putting it back together putting something on??

CBW
02-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exredrider
what were you doin to it? fixing it putting it back together putting something on??

Well all the above i guess,,,,,, friday afternoon i tore my 310R down stripped the white powdercoat off the frame, steering stem, motor mounts and fender brackets,,,,,,,,,,then repowdered it in a different color.....(thread is in the body forum;) ) and i spent today putting it back together..........

now i need to order some aluminum radiator shrouds for it,,,,,,,,,then put the plastic back on and then im ready for the sand again

400exredrider
02-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Hey my buddy can personalize shrouds for your R......they look great go to my website on the links page and at my site go to page 2.......ok theres a pic there..........or email him a Tyylr@aol.com and tell him i sent ya;) ok

CBW
02-16-2003, 08:43 AM
Can he put this on them,,,,,,,,,,not the sparkly back ground of course but the letters????

And do you know how much he usually charges??

660bigdaddy
02-16-2003, 06:28 PM
this is what we do when it's 10 degrees out...

400exredrider
02-16-2003, 06:51 PM
yes CBW he can put that on...he will charge anywhere from 50 to 65$........yeah thats what we do to but with more people:D