PDA

View Full Version : older dirtbikes?

extremeblastr
02-27-2011, 03:48 PM
i know some of the older dirtbikes bring in some good $ for the right models and what not. i recently got a hold of a 1977 Honda Elsinore 175 and remembered hearing something a while back about this being a sought after bike for collectors. just wondering if anybody has any info on what this thing could be worth. it has all the original fenders and tank. the original headlight and brakelight are on there to and it runs mint.

Rich250RRacer
02-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Some pics would go a long way towards helping determine value. The highest value Elsinores are the CR125's and 250's from the 70's, and in showroom condition, they can bring as much as $8000-10000, depending on year. Unfortunately your 175 Elsinore is an MR, which aren't worth as much as there motocross counterparts, the CR models. Don't let that get you down though, if it's as clean as you say, then there might be a collector out there who would be willing to give you a decent price for it.

finsteratv
02-27-2011, 06:18 PM
i had a ct70 i partially restored a few years ago. im tuned in to this!

extremeblastr
02-27-2011, 07:04 PM
she needs a good going through to be cleaned up from sitting in storage for so long but there are no dents in the fenders or tanks and i started it up today and putted around on it a little its nice and tight and runs real well. i'll be sure to put up a thread when i go through it with pics of the teardown and rebuild.