PDA

View Full Version : yfz450 edelbrock carb problem

yfz450n300rider
02-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi i have a 2006 yfz450 about 3 weeks ago i put a edelbrock carb in it, the quad runs fine when taking off, but as soon as you barely let off the throttle it will backfire and pop. Any one have any ideas of how to fix it.

2006 yfz450 edelbrock carb, k&n filter, full system jardine rt99 exhaust, cam mod, douglas red labeled tires with 18 razr mx in the back and 19 razr mx in front, K&K racing graphics kit, GYTR nerfs and bumper

yfz450n300rider
03-02-2011, 06:38 PM
alright boys i really need some replys and by the way this quad is for sale and it is in excellent condition

yfzttracer76
03-02-2011, 07:12 PM
I am gonna take shot... Stock yfz carbs have an accelerator pump to compensate for the vacuum which is created in the carb. Idk if your edelbrock has one of these; which could explain the noise you are hearing. I am not there to give you better advice. However I do know for a fact that the edelbrock carbs are notoriously hard to tune properly. The best carb for the yfz is the stock fcr. I've owned five yfz so you could say I know them a little bit. Hope this helps

Ride1Rob
03-08-2011, 12:49 PM
From many years of reading I' ve always read that the stock carb is the best setup for the yfz. Have read a bit where the Edlebrock carbs had issues.

Velvet-Casket
03-09-2011, 07:14 PM
I have an 05 yfz 450 and around 06 i bought a brand new edelbrock carb and i ran it around 4-6months. I aint gonna lie it was nothin but a pain and waste of time and few 100$. I will admit im not the best carb tuner but i have heard several complaints on how hard they were to tune. My brother had one on a predator 500 he use to have but he got it pretty close to where it needed to be. I let him jack around with mine and he couldnt tune it either, so i said to hell with it and rejetted my stock carb. The stock carbs from what i hear are pretty awesome carbs in the first place. My edelbrock has been sitting in the box since 06 and will still be sitting till i remember to sell it.

yfzfelix
03-13-2011, 10:01 PM
its either a little lean or you have an exhaust leak