PDA

View Full Version : My $40 PS3

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-27-2011, 02:07 AM
Found an add on KSL (Local Craigslist) for a "broken" PS3 for $40. The ad said it powered up but doesn't show any picture and he had it in his garage for about a year. So I go to pick it up, because at $40 bucks there's really not much to lose. Especially considering one of my dads PS3's need a new disc drive and a used one online is $85. So I pick it up and get it home, hook it up and I'll be damned. It works just fine? I hook up the controller and it says the files on the disk are corrupt and it's going to restore. I tried to restore 3 times but it failed, so I go download the update off Sony's site and put it on my USB. Plug it in and it comes up saying it's going to format the drive. *click*. 30 minutes later, I have a 100% fully functioning PS3 for $40.

Been playing GT5 for a couple hours now trying to make up the save my dad lost when he bricked one of his PS3's trying to hack it. :D

So just thought I would share my wonderful deal with everyone. :macho

Brauap
02-27-2011, 07:49 AM
showoff. :rolleyes:

hahah jk nice find dude! I mean I've never even played a PS3 or a 360 but they look like a blast! haha I would have deffently picked it up for $40 bucks!!

BlaineKaiser450
02-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow thats an awesome deal

lasher45
02-27-2011, 03:01 PM
I've had to fix my PS3 due to the Yellow Light of Death twice so far. After 4 years of having it I wasn't surprised it went. But fixing it is a breeze no so I've been thinking of buying "broken" PS3's with the yellow light and fixing and selling them.

250rsforlife
02-27-2011, 07:31 PM
thats a sweet deal i had one like that except it was a 1978 kawasaki 440 snowmobile for $50 bucks and it ran havent done a thing to it since i bought it 3 yrs ago not tryin to brag but i thought it would fit in

backwoodsracer
03-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Ill give you $41 right now no jOKE!!!!!! luckyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

derekhonda
03-01-2011, 12:06 PM
I'll one up ya!

Got mine for free from a buddy when I bought his tv off of him he had a non working ps3 he just said he'd give me. Opened it up, just kinda cleaned it up didn't see anything really wrong or missing. Put it back together figured it was still broken just stuck it in a closet for 2 or 3 months. Plugged it in one day when I was bored fired up and been running for the last year and a half!

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
03-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Sounds like it went into recovery mode which is the same that happened to mine.