PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Supercross

jcv400ex
02-26-2011, 08:21 PM
WOW!!!! Stewart and Reed both made dumb passes, and what a race!

jcv400ex
02-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Reed was very professional on the podium and James runs to the pits....please...

sexysilverado45
02-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Ya'll are quick to judge Stewart. I think when he pasted reed he didn't touch him. Then reed parks in Stewarts line. Js has a reason to be ticked he would have been 1pt back if he finished second let alone first now he's 10 back.

jcv400ex
02-26-2011, 08:30 PM
You can see him turn up into Reed, Reed was just smart enough to back off. Stewart never backs off to stay up right...He's like Bobbi...You're either First or Last, when in doubt GAS IT!

300ex_#387
02-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Your going to see passes like what Stewart put on Reed every moto. The ones you don't want to see are the ones Reed put on Stewart. Bumping is one thing but completely taking someone out like that is bad racing. It may have been Reeds only chance but that doesn't make it the best option.

tjsdaname
02-26-2011, 08:51 PM
reed is an *******...

Stewart's pass could have been better, but was not dirty....

reed's pass was strait up dirty...

quadrcr161
02-26-2011, 08:57 PM
i know everyone isnt going to be as fast and them but wow at the lapped riders, and them just ignoring the blue flag. 1/2 of those guys shoulnt even be in the race. i think the stewarts pass would have been different if a lapped rider wasnt in the line or in the lines the turns before that to slow up reed. bubbles was making mistake after mistake.

Kurly154
02-26-2011, 09:49 PM
It was a great race for both Stewart and Reed. But I was going for Villopoto the whole time. Either way going to the races is always a blast

motox_rider695
02-26-2011, 09:57 PM
im not a fan of either reed or stewart so im neutral towards this conflict, stewart got by reed CLEAN, watch the replay. Stewart came close but never hit reed and in that corner even tho there was a lapped rider, reed was half a bike length ahead of stewarts teammate. What reed did was F'in ridiculous. Doing a dirty block pass is going to happen, but to intentionally take someone out is stupid. Although it doesnt surprise me from reed, he did take out stewart last year and ended both of their careers

jrspawn
02-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by motox_rider695
im not a fan of either reed or stewart so im neutral towards this conflict, stewart got by reed CLEAN, watch the replay. Stewart came close but never hit reed and in that corner even tho there was a lapped rider, reed was half a bike length ahead of stewarts teammate. What reed did was F'in ridiculous. Doing a dirty block pass is going to happen, but to intentionally take someone out is stupid. Although it doesnt surprise me from reed, he did take out stewart last year and ended both of their careers

And Stewart has never taken anyone else out? Some of you guys are seeming to forget Stewarts riding history.

Was reeds pass clean? He'll no! Would Stewart have tried the same in the exact situation, he'll yes! Been there done it!

Bottom line, this season just got even better:devil:

BoneStockHonda
02-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Stewarts pass was by no means dirty but it could have been cleaner. Reed was obviously pissed and was head hunting. And why wouldn't Stewart go to the pits he didn't even podium.

BoneStockHonda
02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
and x2 at lapped riders idk if stewart would have even caught reed if reed didn't get block in that turn by the lapped guy

300ex_#387
02-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
And Stewart has never taken anyone else out? Some of you guys are seeming to forget Stewarts riding history.

Was reeds pass clean? He'll no! Would Stewart have tried the same in the exact situation, he'll yes! Been there done it!

The title of the thread is Atlanta Supercross. I don't think anyone is forgetting. It's now time we can talk about Reeds dirty riding overshadowing Stewarts. Nothing wrong with that. It was a hell of a race though.

motofreak2772
02-26-2011, 10:54 PM

I disagree. First of all, Stewart is smarter than that. He is here to win championships and stupid moves like that can end them. Second of all, Stewart wouldn't be in the situation because he is faster than Reed and knows he will eventually be able to get around him.
I don't like Reed but I thought he was a better racer than that, or atleast a smarter racer than that..

JackA450r
02-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Im sorry but anyone hating on Stewart after that race is being a hypocrit. Stewarts pass on Reed was 100 percent legal and if you watch a replay he did not touch Reed!!!!!! Im not the biggest Bubba fan but the way Reed retaliated was rediculous! Reed complained on the podium that Stewart hit him and it DID NOT happen. Stewart did bobble a couple of times that moto and he did look a little sloppy! He was also able to still catch Reed and put him under pressure and cause him to do mistakes! Stewart ran a good race and was screwed out of a win that race! Congrats to Villopoto on the win and Dungey for getting second but it was a definite gift from Reed. Reed is a crybaby and should retire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kyleschonert
02-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Reed even admitted on the podium that he got to close to Stewart's team mate in that corner and he knew he was going to get taken high into that corner, but Stewart didn't even nudge him. What CR did was plain filthy, I don't mind banging bars but parking it right in his line is a cowardly way to win a race, then the idiot gets taken out himself.

I don't have the least bit of respect for Reed after seeing all of the things he has done in the past. I don't know of any other riders that would respect him much.

Stewart's pass was aggresssive, NOT dirty. But RV said it best, when he said its all about running a smart race.

dan harris
02-27-2011, 08:16 AM
All I know is: I can't wait until next Saturday - I'm sure its gonna get real interesting.

Hondamaster5505
02-27-2011, 08:28 AM
We've seen Stewart, Villopoto, Reed, all win races, with people like Canard, Dungey, Windham battling them the whole way.

This season is DEFINITELY going to get interesting.

atvracer190
02-27-2011, 10:26 AM
i was watching them as they prepped the track, we was setting behind the starting gate, and the turn where james first fell, right before you come thru the pit area the guy in the skid steer left ALOT of loose dirt on the landing of the jump, which caused the front wheel to kick out on him and just washed out, but in the end it was an awesome race! james def ran his *** down not once but twice and villipoto was just the lucky dog that happened to be in the right place at the right time! everyone put in a good ride though!!

Brad77
02-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Yeah it turned out to be a heck of a show!
I was there in the corner closest to the lap count tower.
I still hated that they had the supercross and the atv national in georgia on the same weekend :grr:

ProspectorJim
02-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Reed was very professional on the podium and James runs to the pits....please...

only reason JS went to the pits was because his dad made him. He knew James would do something stupid if he didn't.

Honestly, I think JS is getting what he used to give. At least it made for a fun race to watch.

scottproquad
02-27-2011, 02:23 PM
That was my first supercross race ive ever been too. And it was worth every penny I spent and the 1295miles round trip to see a amazing race!! If anyone ever gets a chance to go to one of these races DO IT!! Now if we can ever get the atv racing going! Now that would be great!

jrspawn
02-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
I disagree. First of all, Stewart is smarter than that. He is here to win championships and stupid moves like that can end them. Second of all, Stewart wouldn't be in the situation because he is faster than Reed and knows he will eventually be able to get around him.
I don't like Reed but I thought he was a better racer than that, or atleast a smarter racer than that..

Man I know, it's crazy that reed would make a low life block pass like that. Stewart would never pull that......:huh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcOUEp2eio&sns=em

I can post a wholeee lot more videos like that also. But reed is the only dirty rider I guess..... It's cool if Stewart does it I guess to all the bubba fans....

SRH
02-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Man I know, it's crazy that reed would make a low life block pass like that. Stewart would never pull that......:huh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcOUEp2eio&sns=em

I can post a wholeee lot more videos like that also. But reed is the only dirty rider I guess..... It's cool if Stewart does it I guess to all the bubba fans....

i was rooting for reed and hoping stewart didnt take him out he was taking extreme caution passing chad, but reedy was flying i think thats why james had to work him a bit to get by...but heres my problem

stewart could of pulled the same pass reed put on him but chose not to and reed hammers him...i dont think reed did it intentional just poor judgement in the heat of battle , but it was by far the DUMBEST move ive seen, even if stewart braked they woudl of hit and stewart would of went down, i think the only reason he pinned it was to take chad down with him

it was a real dumb rookie move for reed to try

SRH
02-27-2011, 05:06 PM

hmmm i didnt see stewart choose a dumb pass like that last night but reed went right in on it

jrspawn
02-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i was rooting for reed and hoping stewart didnt take him out he was taking extreme caution passing chad, but reedy was flying i think thats why james had to work him a bit to get by...but heres my problem

stewart could of pulled the same pass reed put on him but chose not to and reed hammers him...i dont think reed did it intentional just poor judgement in the heat of battle , but it was by far the DUMBEST move ive seen, even if stewart braked they woudl of hit and stewart would of went down, i think the only reason he pinned it was to take chad down with him

it was a real dumb rookie move for reed to try

I agree with you on most of that.

My problem is that most of these guys act like reed is the only one to ever pull a shot like that.

Truth is, Stewart got a little something back that he has been good at dishing out!

Ichoptop
02-27-2011, 06:04 PM
All is fair in Love, War and the last lap when big money is on the line

SRH
02-27-2011, 06:12 PM
I agree with you on most of that.

My problem is that most of these guys act like reed is the only one to ever pull a shot like that.

Truth is, Stewart got a little something back that he has been good at dishing out!

i can agree with that, right after it happened everyones fb status went screw reed

reed did hanndle it pretty classy in admitting it was a mistake him and james seem to be getting along alot better i really hate to see the deliberate dirty riding and hope it doesnt take that route again in a way i cant blame reed for sticking it in there...but me personally wouldnt pull that move they both had alot to gain by finishing 1-2

YFZ-FoFiddy-TC
02-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I personally think JS would have done the same thing in Reed's position. I don't blame him one bit.

BakerRacing40
02-27-2011, 07:08 PM
I think stewarts pass was wrong on a moral level, try to stand a guy up right on your teammate? I kinda thought it looked team order-ish... he could have moved over and let them settle it on their own.

Reed's pass was pretty extreme, but it would have been a legit block pass... stewart pinned it and they both went down instead of being side by side all the way to the next corner, and stewart would have had the inside to block pass back... could have been a 1 - 2 finish which could have went either way..

Also, Reed never said that his pass was a mistake, he said him putting himself in the wrong position behind a lapper was the mistake that let stewart close the gap.. on the pass, he said stewart could have let him take the position or crash....

stewarts choice doesn't surprise me, he almost went down several times and he couldn't resist the chance to play in the dirt... jk lol

jrspawn
02-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm sitting here almost crying laughing so hard. Listening to Stewart on speeds wind tunnel.

"as a racer I wouldn't do something like that to win".

I think he might have some memory loss from playing lawn darts too many times.

jcv400ex
02-27-2011, 07:40 PM
yeah, i thought that was funny too!

mjc597
02-27-2011, 08:55 PM
i loved jeff emigs comment when they replayed the reed pass on stewart... he was like.. dirty south man, thats dirty south racin.. lmao

K-Dub
02-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Ive watched the replay a few times, I think Reed didnt plan on going that deep in the turn. Looked to me in slow mo that his front tire pushed more than he wanted.

Now JS7 should have known a block pass was coming and been ready for it, ready to hit the brakes and cut under Reed.

02-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Sure are alot of guys on here that know how to race better than js or cr. Pretty amazing haha. Sometimes when its the last lap in the main event of a professional sx race, im assuming that it can be difficult to expect something like that. Maybe he did it on purpose, maybe he didnt mean to go that wide in the turn (although he half-hearted admitted to it being intentional when he said "they wanted to race rough, so we raced rough" or whatever it was he said in the interview).

K-Dub
02-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Im not saying he didnt mean to hit JS7, but think he ment to get it turned a little sooner and slam JS7 with the rear tire. Cause if that was not what he was thinking he had to know he was gonna crash. Racing rough wouldnt have been hitting JS7 with the rear tire and parking him, not crashing with him. Hence why I think Reeds front tire washed out a little. Not defending Reed at all, just giving observation. Im a TC fan and just wish he won instead of RV. It was defiantly an exciting race.

250xridamatt
02-27-2011, 10:54 PM
If James Stewart would have watched the Disney movie Motocrossed before the race, he would have known to hit the brakes and let reed fly over the tuff blocks. It's his own fault.

DEVINF450R
02-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
If James Stewart would have watched the Disney movie Motocrossed before the race, he would have known to hit the brakes and let reed fly over the tuff blocks. It's his own fault.

LMAO

madskrillz2
02-28-2011, 09:20 AM
You know I wouldn't have been that pissed if it had happened half way through the race but I mean LAST LAP when you're 1 and 2? I don't care what you say, that's just ignorant. The only way that would have been close to understandable is if it was the finale and it was down to that in points. Oh and I thought I was a minority for not liking Reed because of what I read on here. I wish some of you could have heard the boos when they put him on the podium. I've never heard boos that loud anywhere.

madskrillz2
02-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Oh and I've been to the Iron Bowl so I've heard some boos before lol

400grl
02-28-2011, 09:25 AM
I loved that race!!! And I was hoping Reed would pay Stewart back for sandwiching him into his teammate before that! James left himself WIDE open for that block pass, and no way would ANYone have let him go on that one - especially when racing for the win!

I have no problem with what Reed did....even if he took himself out, he still beat James to the podium, and kept him off of it! It also shows Stewart that he needs to be on his game when he's racing Reed this year......Reed has some SPEED.

It ALSO just made SX even THAT much more interesting.....and I bet there are a LOT more people watching the next round than there would have been if Reed had just let Stewart go in that corner!

300ex_#387
02-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 400grl

I have no problem with what Reed did....even if he took himself out, he still beat James to the podium, and kept him off of it! It also shows Stewart that he needs to be on his game when he's racing Reed this year......Reed has some SPEED.

He may have kept him off the podium but he also lost points and let the points leader have even a bigger lead than he should have. If thats whats your going for then awesome. If you want to win a championship then don't make mistakes like that.

400grl
02-28-2011, 10:06 AM
It all boils down to one thing....ENTERTAINMENT. And it was DEF entertaining! :)

300ex_#387
02-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
It all boils down to one thing....ENTERTAINMENT. And it was DEF entertaining! :) Maybe for fans. For them its about a championship and thats DEF not how you win one.

quad2xtreme
02-28-2011, 10:09 AM
To me, Reed's line was not a line of progression to the finish line so I think it was a crappy move. At least when James came in on Reed earlier, his bike was positioned to keep forward momentum and have a true line of progression to the finish line. A block pass that causes riders to stop all forward momentum is cheap. Reed said it best...he had the choice of stopping or crashing. I am not sure JS had the option of stopping. He seemed to be totally committed to full throttle. All that said, JS made a huge mistake not taking the inner line in the first place. Reed already showed his cards several times earlier in trying to pull similar passes. Hopefully JS learned a valuable lesson and doesn't repeat this mistake.

It will make for an interesting season for sure. RV is going to benefit as these two focus on each other.

SRH
02-28-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt

lmao best post in the thread

elementryder
02-28-2011, 04:49 PM
stewart could have left off, thats what should have been done, when he seen reed going to the inside he should have left out, that was a block pass, its not like reed strait drove into him, reed was infrontt of him, stewart ran into reed

scottproquad
02-28-2011, 05:14 PM
I think all of us that have raced or races can put yourself in there shoes, eather you have slamed some one or you were the one being slamed its probly all happened to us atleast once. And it all happed over a 50buck trophy lol they have tons of money on the line to win.

madskrillz2
02-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
stewart could have left off, thats what should have been done, when he seen reed going to the inside he should have left out, that was a block pass, its not like reed strait drove into him, reed was infrontt of him, stewart ran into reed

That wasn't a block pass. That was a road block

Tommy Warren
02-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Block passes are perfectly legal.. Reed said that stewart didn't see him comming until reed was right in front of him...then stewart got startled, gassed it, and ran into reed.

reed is excited about all the hype this is going to raise..its good for the sport, watch the ratings double next weekend ;)

Jim417mx
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
I feel like its 2010 again..... reed vs stewart omg who cares, reason why i dont care, : stewart still outrides himself and crashes every race night (or 3 times per night judging by what I have seen so far this year) Dont get me wrong ,the dudes fast, and rides wide open the whole time, but stay on the effin bike man...

madskrillz2
02-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
Block passes are perfectly legal.. Reed said that stewart didn't see him comming until reed was right in front of him...then stewart got startled, gassed it, and ran into reed.

reed is excited about all the hype this is going to raise..its good for the sport, watch the ratings double next weekend ;)

Lol so you believe Stewart actually didn't see him coming? Come on now

quad2xtreme
02-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
That wasn't a block pass. That was a road block

X2. Reed's only motive was to force James to a complete stop. Reed had zero positioning to complete the turn himself even if James didn't hit him.

All-in-all though, I can only put the blame on Stewart for taking that line when he could have just gone inside to outside like he did so many other times on that turn earlier in the race. I am glad he took him out though. I'd rather RV, Canard, or Dungey win after a move like that.

KingpinsEx
02-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Ya steward could have stopped and probably would have went over the bars doing so, he did not have a good option in that situation. It was an exciting race for sure, but com'on this is supercross not demolition derby. You can ruin someones whole season with a pass like that...

jesseweaver
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

this thread really pisses me off for the most part. some people are so ignorant :rolleyes: i dont care much for reed or stewart anymore but that was all on reed, thats just not smart racing. he let his temper get to him. smart thing to do would be to settle for second and gain some points on the series leader.

and that cracks me up ^^ stewart getting startled and gassing it and ran into reed?! look at it from both their points of view.

stewart knew he had to hang on for the last lap and commited to the turn, got on the throttle like he normally does and accelerated out of the turn. im almost positive he didnt see reed coming until reed had hit him already. as soon as he exited the turn his focus was on the whoops, not on riders riding horizontally across the track

reed just wanted another win so bad and was trying anything to get that he saw james go outside, thought he could cut in front of him and prayed james saw him and let off the throttle and gave reed a free win. that doesnt happen when you're racing for a championship. that WAS NOT a block pass. if you want to see a clean black pass, check out stewart a lap earlier. a blcok pass occurs at the apex, not 10 feet after the exit. did anyone take a second to just watch reeds line?! hes inches away from the tuff blocks on the inside at the start of the turn and ends up in the tuff blocks on the ouside at the exit :confused:

yea sure james might have done the same thing but does that make it clean then? i guess 2 wrongs do make a right :confused:

bottom line- stewart was racing clean and smart and under control (completely opposite of young james stewart) and reed was riding desperate and with his instinct rather than his head.

cant wait for daytona!! :D

jesseweaver
02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
and i just watched it about 20 times in a row... just watch reed the whole way through. what exactly was his purpose if he wasn't cutting js7 off? i guess he wanted to square up the berm 10 feet after the turn?

madskrillz2
02-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
this thread really pisses me off for the most part. some people are so ignorant :rolleyes: i dont care much for reed or stewart anymore but that was all on reed, thats just not smart racing. he let his temper get to him. smart thing to do would be to settle for second and gain some points on the series leader.

and that cracks me up ^^ stewart getting startled and gassing it and ran into reed?! look at it from both their points of view.

stewart knew he had to hang on for the last lap and commited to the turn, got on the throttle like he normally does and accelerated out of the turn. im almost positive he didnt see reed coming until reed had hit him already. as soon as he exited the turn his focus was on the whoops, not on riders riding horizontally across the track

reed just wanted another win so bad and was trying anything to get that he saw james go outside, thought he could cut in front of him and prayed james saw him and let off the throttle and gave reed a free win. that doesnt happen when you're racing for a championship. that WAS NOT a block pass. if you want to see a clean black pass, check out stewart a lap earlier. a blcok pass occurs at the apex, not 10 feet after the exit. did anyone take a second to just watch reeds line?! hes inches away from the tuff blocks on the inside at the start of the turn and ends up in the tuff blocks on the ouside at the exit :confused:

yea sure james might have done the same thing but does that make it clean then? i guess 2 wrongs do make a right :confused:

bottom line- stewart was racing clean and smart and under control (completely opposite of young james stewart) and reed was riding desperate and with his instinct rather than his head.

cant wait for daytona!! :D

That's what kills me is everyone saying Stewart would have done the same thing. No he wouldn't. Seriously, what was the point in that move when they're one and two and it's not even half way through the season? Bottom line is it was just dirty as hell. There's no way around it.

02-28-2011, 09:45 PM
250xridamatt, you are my hero

Lasher
02-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Watched the race last night and here is my take...other than a great race from start to finish.

All race long, James and Chad were racing cleanly. Racing hard...yes but clean.

Then late in the race (2 laps to go) James put a move on Chad. Maybe a hair more agressive than earlier but still a clean pass. Only problem, his teammate was still on the outside of Chad. Look at the lappers before, they were backing out of the turn and getting out of the way. Not this time...and Chad got to be the middle man. If the lapped rider was not there, would Chad have still been as mad?

After that pass Chad became more agreesive each turn. Heck it was the final lap! But after the sandwich pass from James, Chad kept trying to get to James and was not having luck. It looked to me like Chad tried to cut the turn and force James into either slowing down or simply a mistake. But I think the turn did not go as Chad planned. He never was able to turn and went staight into James. Oh...James was on the throttle for most of the turn and I bet he never thought Chad would end up sideways in front of him.

To me it was racing...Chad went over his head and ended up taking James out. Either way....one of the better supercross seasons in a long time.

DEVINF450R
03-01-2011, 12:32 AM
I think this year has been the best year of racing in a long time. its not one rider dominating the series. I think Chad was going for the win. Dirty? maybe, but if you look back over the history of motocross, you will find this kind of racing has been historic. Ricky johnson, Bob Hanna, McGrath, all these guys have had bar to bar battles. Its not like he took him out over a jump with injury as an intent. He even said it was just hard hard racing and they were both pushing to win. If I was Stewart, id be pissed. but its racing.

trompen542
03-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Does anyone have video of the last lap, where Stewart was messing with Reed, and cost himself more points.

snacob14
03-01-2011, 11:45 AM
reed checked up on the pass from stewart, reed could have hammered the throttle and taken all three of them out if he wanted. Stewart had the same option, he could have checked up and tryed another pass later in the race. He decided to hammer down and took them both out, then suffered the consequence which was a fourth instead of a 2nd or 1st. He new that pass was coming. Thats racing.

440racer66
03-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by snacob14
reed checked up on the pass from stewart, reed could have hammered the throttle and taken all three of them out if he wanted. Stewart had the same option, he could have checked up and tryed another pass later in the race. He decided to hammer down and took them both out, then suffered the consequence which was a fourth instead of a 2nd or 1st. He new that pass was coming. Thats racing.

i highly doubt bubba saw him coming. the points of where you look on a dirtbike are way diffrent than a quad. so i think he was dedicated to the corner and reed just pulled a dirty move .

quad2xtreme
03-01-2011, 12:42 PM
The good news is this sets the new boundary for passing this season. I say we make the sport more like Rollerball and give them weapons to take out on the track too.

300ex_#387
03-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Those were 2 completely different passes. You can't compare them like that. How do you know that Bubba saw it coming?

snacob14
03-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't see where I said he "saw" it coming, I said he knew it was coming. You're gonna take a corner that wide, on the last lap with 2nd place right behind you who just happens to be a guy you've beefed with in the past and not expect an inside pass...come on now.

quad2xtreme
03-01-2011, 02:20 PM
You're gonna take a corner that wide, on the last lap with 2nd place right behind you who just happens to be a guy you've beefed with in the past and not expect an inside pass...come on now.

I totally agree with this and think it is why Papa Stewart was so mad at the end of the race. This was just another "bobble" (albeit a mental one) in James' race. He's human and beatable. RV stated the truth about it not always being the fastest but also being the smartest.

snacob14
03-01-2011, 02:29 PM
I agree, I don't think it was a smart move on his part, I think he was hoping to prove a point by raming through Reed, unfortunately all he proved is that he's totally beatable this year. I love seeing these guys catching him and beating him. Just cause you can pin it through a section doesn't make you the fastest man alive. Especially when you're as inconsistent as him. The guy I'd like to see win some races is Windham, I just think he's past his prime sometimes.

DEVINF450R
03-01-2011, 03:06 PM
I mean, if you watch the vid, Stewart sees him coming (he is a top PRO bike rider. If you race enough you know that most racers know their surrounds ON AND OFF the track. Im amazed at what I can see in the crowd and all around me now days when I race.) It is a legal pass and Reed had the right away. HOWEVER, I dont think JS was trying to T-bone Reed, it looks to me that he tries to beat him to that spot and miss judged it. You can see how he hesitates for a second (when he realizes what Reed is doing) and then mashes the throttle to try to get between Reed and the tough blocks

ricksmx865
03-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Wish we could get BIG James' input on the subject... he seemed PISSED as bubbles was coming off the track, and If I had to guess he was more pissed his boy "the fastest man on the planet" put himself in the position to be parked

kids been in the game long enough, should have protected his line

jesseweaver
03-01-2011, 04:25 PM
from what i've been getting on here... stewarts pass was dirty but reeds was completely clean :confused: i cannot even fathom how you guys come to these conclusions

i agree that rubbing is racing and i love seeing people bumping each other and block passing and stuff but reeds mistake was FAR from a block pass

regardless this season is the best in a long time and its still way to hard to tell who the top 3 or even top 5 are gonna be

03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Lmao i cant believe you stewart haters! Reed pulls a dirty dirty pass and you guys are blaming stewart by saying he should have slowed down when he saw him. It never ends.

madskrillz2
03-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
from what i've been getting on here... stewarts pass was dirty but reeds was completely clean :confused: i cannot even fathom how you guys come to these conclusions

i agree that rubbing is racing and i love seeing people bumping each other and block passing and stuff but reeds mistake was FAR from a block pass

regardless this season is the best in a long time and its still way to hard to tell who the top 3 or even top 5 are gonna be

Originally posted by #101
Lmao i cant believe you stewart haters! Reed pulls a dirty dirty pass and you guys are blaming stewart by saying he should have slowed down when he saw him. It never ends.

EXACTLY!!! This is why I usually don't bother trying to get a point across anymore when it comes to defending Stewart.

motofreak2772
03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Everyone keeps saying he left the inside wide open, but what was he supposed to do? It was right before the whoops.. if he went to the inside, Reed would have went wide and walked right by him. The whole night Stewart was going wide then cutting to the inside of the whoops and Reed had just been sticking wide(which looked to me like the faster line) but when Stewart saw Reed cutting inside on him he had to stay wide. That didn't matter though because Reed failed to make the turn and his intentions were clearly to collide with Stewart. It would have been impossible to make a pass going on the inside like that because he wouldn't have the speed to make it stick in the whoops. So explain how Stewart could have prepared for a move like that? The only way he could have done it was with the "Supercrossed" suggestion haha.
Reed should have went wide and just try to pass him in the whoops or get setup to make a move in the next corner. The way he was doing that section and the way Stewart kept messing up there he probably could have made it happen. But no he's a sore loser who made a desperate decision. Stewart should have kicked Reed's hand after the crash making him let go of the clutch and stalling his bike. That would have been hilarious.

snacob14
03-01-2011, 08:56 PM
well, I'm a Windham fan. I think all the Stewart lovers are butthurt because he's not doing nearly as good as they think he should. If he could put together a race without falling down or giving it away, then maybe he could get some credit. But when you tout the title fastest man alive...you should be winning every race. Time for him to start living up to the hype.

scottproquad
03-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I was there the lappers totaly got in the way if they had moved over like they should of then reed would of won anyway hands down

snacob14
03-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Hands down the best season I've ever seen of supercross. 5 guys anyday can win. I'm pumped for when it hits st. Louis. Lets see some Windham on the podium!!

trompen542
03-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ricksmx865
Wish we could get BIG James' input on the subject... he seemed PISSED as bubbles was coming off the track, and If I had to guess he was more pissed his boy "the fastest man on the planet" put himself in the position to be parked

kids been in the game long enough, should have protected his line

I think Big James was pissed that on the rest of the last lap, little James was weaving around, trying to knock Reed down, and let Dungey, and Reed by costing him 2 places, and 4 points

300ex_#387
03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by scottproquad
I was there the lappers totaly got in the way if they had moved over like they should of then reed would of won anyway hands down

Blose moved out of the racing line for Reed. Reed made the mistake of following him to the outside. It wasn't Blose's fault Reed even admitted it was his own fault. Blose even tweeted he moved out of the racing line for him.

KingpinsEx
03-02-2011, 06:17 PM
well, I'm a Windham fan. I think all the Stewart lovers are butthurt because he's not doing nearly as good as they think he should. If he could put together a race without falling down or giving it away, then maybe he could get some credit. But when you tout the title fastest man alive...you should be winning every race. Time for him to start living up to the hype.

I don't think people are defending stewart as much as criticizing reed. I don't care who he did that too, it was bs. NO one on that track would have been prepared for what reed did, it was just out of line.

250xridamatt
03-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Okay men (women?)... I enjoy reading the debates, but seriously? Chad Reed may have made a bonehead move, but we all know James has made a few in his day as well. Put anyone in the same situation as these two guys and you will get the same results. Moves like that have been made in the past, and the same thing will happen in the future.

So lets just be thankful we got to see an awesome race and look forward to the weekends to come. A little extra excitement in this sport could be really helpful right now.

scottproquad
03-03-2011, 12:18 PM
AMEN!!!!