blholtz
02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
HINSON nuff said.

Limited Z_400
02-26-2011, 06:09 PM
stock

bigbad400
02-26-2011, 07:01 PM
stock.. i have ran hinson and i have had much better luck with stock clutches in most machines. stock is usually best unless you have a big bore hi hp motor and you drag race... i have some cheap clutch in now like driven or ebc or something and its got the 10% stifer springs.. id run it again if i could remember what one... i want to ssay driven hd clutch and springs.. not sure. lol

09RappySe
02-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Stock... I have a decent HP build and I drag race and am still on the original stock clutch.

blholtz
02-26-2011, 08:40 PM
are we talking about fibers and steels or basket, hub and pressure plate?

I am talking about basket, hub and pressure plate. Hinson is stronger than stock and has less of a chance of grooving out like the stock ones.

If you are talking about steels and fiber plates the stock are better.

bigbad400
02-27-2011, 06:21 AM
in the 20 or more clutch changes ive done on quads i have never seen a basket hub or pressure plate have problems... the pushrod yes. but i doubt they make aftermarket pushrods. remember guys stock is built to last..

blholtz
02-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Just because you have never seen it doesn't mean that it isn't true.

The Tabs of the clutch fibers plates are made of steel, so are the "teeth" of the steel plates.

Those steel pieces rubbing and moving on the softer aluminum of the hub and basket WILL cause grooving to form in the hub and the basket. The other thing that could happen is breaking off of one of the tabs on the basket. Though I have never done it I have seen it happen and that is not good.

The HINSON parts are made of aluminum, the difference is they are also heat treated, anodized and designed to withstand the extreme duty use.

To each there own. Also for the difference it makes no sense to me not to put in parts that are stronger than stock.

nkillian9
02-27-2011, 03:14 PM
i can show u serveral baskets with grooves i got a stack of them lol hinson is far superior basket as for clutches the barnett dirt digger series are pretty tuff to beat kevlar fibers seem to be very wear resistant