PDA

View Full Version : xc racing

wnyoaracer
02-26-2011, 08:19 AM
hey guys i was just wondering if somebody who races ltr450 xc could tell me if keeping it at stock width is to wide or if its ok

Nitwhit0921
02-26-2011, 11:30 PM
There's been a lot or debate on this and I guess the question is where are you riding? In WV some locals we race 46" rubs trees but other places around your ok with the stock width. To me 49" is too wide to be dodging trees with.

bigbad400
02-27-2011, 06:39 AM
northern michigan has some pretty uncharted territory, real thick woods... bear country boys... and i have never had to stop and back up... looks too wide take another rout. the usual woods race rules allow for 10 foot off the beaten path.... if you cant find a way around in 20' on a quad you shouldnt be racing in my opinion. no offence.

Nitwhit0921
02-27-2011, 09:31 AM
That's true you SHOULD be able to find a way around but being more narrow is gonna make you faster anyways. I'll be faster than you on my 46" wide bike compared to your 49" cause I can fit through more than you can and I don't have to look for a different line that's wide enough.

nkillian9
02-27-2011, 03:18 PM
id just try stock first and see how well u can make it work for ya if u are having a hard time keeping up id try narrowing it up with 4 1 wheels and maybe z400 hubs next be the cheapest way then later u could go even farther with arms but could still use them hubs and wheels to narrow it up more try a lil at a time id stay as wide as i can as long as it wasnt slowing u down