View Full Version : What Shocks For Raptor

PreRunFun
02-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Damn here after all this forum bull S*** how do you konw what to go with. Yeah Elka and TCS are my two choices. But what can i say about the two of them, i know jack about shocks. I have works now and they don't keep up, so an upgrade is a must. I don't really care how much they cost just need some input from someone who knows what they are talking about and have tested there shocks. So with that in mind please feel free to tell me what you think would be a good shock for my raptor.. thanx

raptor_02
02-16-2003, 06:55 PM
i have no experience with ELKAS but that's what i'm getting. They should help your raptor big time because of how high they sit up. The ELKAS will make the front end alot lower and still have alot of travel. But I don't know **** either about shocks but my races are coming up and I have to make a purchase soon.

nick23
02-16-2003, 07:10 PM
peps

Woz
02-16-2003, 08:04 PM
If you really want to know who will make you the best shocks, Do this...

Call them. Tell them what ATV you have, and tell them you would like to order some shocks. See how many questions they ask you about how and where you ride. The more they ask, the more interested they must be in building you some good shocks that will work well for you.

Also...
If you really want to make a Raptor work well, you can't do it with just front shocks. You need all three. Raptors that work well, work very different from stock (sit much lower, etc...). If you only do fronts you won't be able to change much, or they won't work well in conjunction with the rear.