PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Help quick please!!

jackrb100
02-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Hi I have a race tomorrow and need help getting the bike running well. My race motor wasn't ready so I put in a stock motor with HRC kit. But I am trying to run it without airbox lid and full pipe with sparks filter.
At the moment I have a 170 main jet, Stock pilot, NCVQ needle 4th clip from top, air fuel screw 2 turns out.
The only problem is when I roll on the throttle slowly it just dies at about 1/4 throttle. But if I give it throttle fast it's fine.
Let me know what you think please. Thanks in advance.

mxracer39
02-26-2011, 06:23 AM
It's been a few years since I've been messing with carbs, but if I remember right, the quarter throttle area would be affected by the needle. I would try adjusting the clip on the needle. I would first try going down a couple clips on the needle.

mxracer39
02-26-2011, 06:25 AM
If that helps, your in the right direction, if that makes it worse, go up a clip on the needle. Hope that helps.

jackrb100
02-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Goti it sorted turned out to be the clutch wires had not been spliced together forgot about them because the other bike has a works connection lever. Thanks alot for your help it was much appreciated.