PDA

View Full Version : help?

ronny
02-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Well I'm not sure this may be a stupid question. Ill admit im not to knowledgable about how the clutch works so my question is that i just bout a new clutch and basket installed it, i followed a image diagram break down to make sure. basket everything torqued down, plates fibers all in order push rod and the pin next to the jug in, and pressure plate and springs tightened down and it will shift fine and will go into neutral (mind you the motor is out and no jug head anything on it) but when i pull that pin next to the jug should it be engaging in neutral allowing the sproket to spin as if it were shifted to neutral? i twist the pin my had as simulating a clutch cable and it dosent allow the sprocket to spin freely? idk i can feel in push the rod out towards the pressure plate, sorry if it is stupid i just dont want to put it all back and done then tear it down again for something i missed.
Ronny

ronny
02-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Ok well I see that the push rod is suppose to push my pressure plate out it was all working fine besides i finally roached my clutch before i tore it apart and put the new in may it be that i have my clutch spring too tight? I dont believe it would be the rod or the pin worn because it was working perfetly right before the clutch fried?
Ronny

Honda 250r 001
02-25-2011, 11:32 PM
You shouldnt be able to pull the clutch arm with just your fingers. It should be stiffer than that, BUT im guessing that when you pull the clutch arm, the plates are still stuck together and they will be fine when you get your clutch lever hooked up and the rest of your motor together and try it.

ronny
02-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Yeah but it seems as though there is a lot of play inbetween the push rod and where that end cap w. the needle bearing push on the pressure plate and thats why i can push it with my fingers because its already twisted a quarter turn by the time it hits the pressure plate.

ronny
02-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Okay im sorry i just must have been looking wrong, as you said its just too stiff to turn by hand its just the little but of slack between the pin, to the push rod to the pressure plate and thats what i could turn by hand and i could only turn it under about an eighth of a turn lol thanks for the help, when shes back together it will be fine im sure.
Ronny