PDA

View Full Version : xc BUILD

J-Boosie
02-25-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm building a 06 450er for xc this year and I just ordered a sproket, and stem, have tires, skids and hand guards, just wondering what would be the best set up for cross country, I am planning on getting some atv fourplay soft bars now i'm looking at everthing else i need any tips or advice?

CJM
02-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Shocks will need to be resprung and revalved for your weight and riding style-will make a world of difference. Might want to do +1 or +.5 a-arms up front, the GT Thunder rear link and skid to gain the rear more travel, a steering stabilizer is a must too.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-26-2011, 08:14 PM
I agree suspension will really help, you will be albe to ride faster and for a longer period. Make sure you have a tether kill switch, you will like the atv fourplay bars they act as a second set of suspension and help reduce fatigue. I would recommend a set of rolloff goggles and a hydration pack for you.

J-Boosie
03-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I am planning on sending my shocks off pretty soon and done by gt thunder, that's why i haven't purchased a link yet for it comes with on, i am a little low on cash as of now haha, my bike also has stock exhaust should i go with a full system or slip on from what i hear it's not that big of a difference, and lastly i went to put a new grab bar on my bike yesterday and my exhaust bolts to my oem grab bar, do slip on's bolt to the same place??? my bike is an 06 450er btw

400man
03-05-2011, 10:32 PM
a slip-on is all you need for a 450. its got more than enough power for xc racing. if anything, just gear it down a little lower so it wont stall as easy in the tight sections.

trx416m
03-14-2011, 09:04 PM
I would recommend looking at hygearsuspension.com for your shock work.. They do great work and have different packages available for any budget. Quick turn around time and high quality.. you will not be disappointed.

Aarons 01 400EX
04-20-2011, 09:11 AM
How do they make a difference over stock bars?