PDA

View Full Version : Freestylers check this.

TheLane
02-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Start scrolling down more instead of just checking the open forum and rebuild that section!

lets get some of you vets down there to start sharing some tips and tricks, and the noobs (like myself) the tell our stories of failures and shame.

buck440
02-25-2011, 05:38 PM
1.always have the suspension set up properly. nothing worse than bottoming a frame at the end of a jump and doing a unintended flip.

2. neck brace. if you can aford it buy it. most overlooked piece of protection.

3. gussets aren't a bad idea since you'll huck the quad on occasion.

4. taller stem and or cr high bars. this isn't about keeping a low profile and hauling *** in the woods.

5. cut rear and front fenders. you need to see what the hell your doing.

6. spastic graphics...

7. caffeine. caffeine is proved to increase focus, concitration, and stamina. chug monster green!

all opinion, not **** please.

TheLane
02-25-2011, 06:00 PM
6 and 7 seem crucial. Sounds like it all makes sense. I still wanna bring back the forum though!:devil:

buck440
02-25-2011, 08:03 PM
a badass set of graphics can help pump you up imo. caffeine is no joke. every extreme athlete you see on tv is sponsored by this energy drink on that drink. why do you think that is, hmmmm caffeine! im not sure if you think i'm joking or not but read up on caffeine.

TheLane
02-25-2011, 09:21 PM
lol man im not being sarcastic, im in total agreence with you!

I slam a redbull before every ride and i think having a sexy bike adds confidence!

KingpinsEx
02-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by buck440
a badass set of graphics can help pump you up imo. caffeine is no joke. every extreme athlete you see on tv is sponsored by this energy drink on that drink. why do you think that is, hmmmm caffeine! im not sure if you think i'm joking or not but read up on caffeine.

Just so you know the majority of the extreme athletes you see on T.V. drinking energy drinks have something else in them. Thats why alot of them have bottles with stickers on them. I know this for a fact...

buck440
02-26-2011, 03:59 PM
why do you got to be a ****ing prick and start **** that has absolutely nothing to do with you? i never said a damn word about bottles. go troll somewhere else ******.

TheLane
02-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Whoa....man, thats a little harsh. :eek2: I dont think he meant to troll. hes just stating something.

trailrider894
02-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
Whoa....man, thats a little harsh. :eek2: I dont think he meant to troll. hes just stating something.

x2 somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.... :eek2:

finsteratv
02-26-2011, 04:38 PM
well the first 1 hander i tried when i was little i landed with 1 hand on the bars other in the air not ready and i came down and smashed my balls on the tank.... is that freestyle> or do i just have style?:devil: haha

QuadJunkies
02-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Caffeine is also proven to be a big reason for arm pump.
Thats not just opinion but fact.

buck440
02-26-2011, 07:59 PM
lol where in the hell did you heat that? not saying iy isn't true but curious of source.

trailrider894
02-26-2011, 08:08 PM
lol where in the hell did you heat that? not saying iy isn't true but curious of source.

http://www.racerxvt.com/article/how-caffeine-effects-performance

Read it.... :rolleyes:

buck440
02-26-2011, 08:09 PM
join www.freestylemtx.com and all your questions will be answered. they have a quad section just for you. they are friendly and more than happy to help you. you'll be suprised to see how many of the people from the x games answering your questions. it's quite unreal. a few weeks ago brian deegan sold a bike for around $7,000 but it is neat seeing what is being sold in there, join asap. they helped me quite a bit. they don't like to talk about ramp plans in the open but if you pm anyone the will send you schematics of any ramp you desire.

wilkin250r
02-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Caffeine is also proven to be a big reason for arm pump.
Thats not just opinion but fact.

Plus, if you need additional focus and concentration, then maybe racing or freestyle isn't your thing. Your own adrenaline should give you all the focus and energy that you need.

trailrider894
02-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Plus, if you need additional focus and concentration, then maybe racing or freestyle isn't your thing. Your own adrenaline should give you all the focus and energy that you need.

I agree... I am one focused dude when it comes to freestyle... that stuff is no joke...

buck440
02-26-2011, 08:36 PM
it says if your dehydrated from caffeine then it is LIKELY to cause arm pump. if you cant stay hydrated then your plum the **** out of luck. if your hydrated then your doing a lot better with caffeine. nit pick it guys. i'm ready to defend it!

trailrider894
02-26-2011, 08:40 PM
it says if your dehydrated from caffeine then it is LIKELY to cause arm pump. if you cant stay hydrated then your plum the **** out of luck. if your hydrated then your doing a lot better with caffeine. nit pick it guys. i'm ready to defend it!

lol so you plan on stopping every 2min's to pee??

QuadJunkies
02-26-2011, 08:43 PM
it says if your dehydrated from caffeine then it is LIKELY to cause arm pump. if you cant stay hydrated then your plum the **** out of luck. if your hydrated then your doing a lot better with caffeine. nit pick it guys. i'm ready to defend it! go ask motox nutriton. My daughter was on his regimen. Most racers swear off caffeine and it does work. Big difference

wilkin250r
02-26-2011, 08:46 PM
if your hydrated then your doing a lot better with caffeine. nit pick it guys. i'm ready to defend it!

And where did you get your medical degree that makes you an expert?

QuadJunkies
02-26-2011, 08:47 PM
it says if your dehydrated from caffeine then it is LIKELY to cause arm pump. if you cant stay hydrated then your plum the **** out of luck. if your hydrated then your doing a lot better with caffeine. nit pick it guys. i'm ready to defend it! lmfao. Ook... you go ahead and do what works for you man. I do not reccomend. Caffeine does dehyrate so why would you use it to hydrate with? Or even part of a regimen? Water... water ...water

trailrider894
02-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
go ask motox nutriton. My daughter was on his regimen. Most racers swear off caffeine and it does work. Big difference

I agree.... I did his regimen for the entire year last year and swore off caffeine.... it was amazing how much more i could do.

QuadJunkies
02-26-2011, 08:49 PM
And where did you get your medical degree that makes you an expert? lmao. Thats what im thinkin.

buck440
02-26-2011, 08:59 PM
why would think i was a expert? i don't have a medical degree. i stated what it said in the link the person posted. from what i read if your hydrated then your fine. how hard is it to read?

why would you say you pee every 2 minutes? where in the hell does it say you pee every 2 minutes?

quadrcr161
02-26-2011, 09:00 PM
stickers and caffeine, wow great tips, you forgot headphones and an ipod to listen to your fav song before you ride to get you pumped. and if anyone thinks those guys are actually drinking that stuff i dont know what to tell you.

quadrcr161
02-26-2011, 09:01 PM
why would think i was a expert? i don't have a medical degree. i stated what it said in the link the person posted. from what i read if your hydrated then your fine.

why would you say you pee every 2 minutes? where in the hell does it say you pee every 2 minutes?

caffeine is a diretic which will make you pee more often.

trailrider894
02-26-2011, 09:02 PM
why would think i was a expert? i don't have a medical degree. i stated what it said in the link the person posted. from what i read if your hydrated then your fine.

Caffeine causes increased urination... So.... If you drink a caffeinated drink and water to compensate for the caffeine, then just imagine how much you will be taking a pee... try it sometime. Drink a Monster then two large glasses of water.

buck440
02-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
caffeine is a diretic which will make you pee more often.

yah and? have problems peeing more than usual? imo risks ( pissing more) out weigh the reward.

the stickers were kinda sarcastic for the dumb ****s that couldn't pick up on that.

buck440
02-26-2011, 09:10 PM
and if anyone thinks those guys are actually drinking that stuff i dont know what to tell you.

your right you don't know what to tell us because you don't know.

trailrider894
02-26-2011, 09:13 PM
your right you don't know what to tell us because you don't know.

ha ha buck440........... You just take your caffeine pills and i'll drink my water and lets race, that should solve it all.

quadrcr161
02-26-2011, 09:16 PM
imo risks ( pissing more) out weigh the reward.

well your opinion is just that, too bad it has no facts behind it, and the risk , not just having to pee, can cause distractions and have effects which can and will put yourself and other at risk.

the people who are sponsored buy the energy drinks is just that, paid to be see with it. look at any sport, football, wrestling ever see any of those teams or people drinking caffeine.

buck440
02-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
ha ha buck440........... You just take your caffeine pills and i'll drink my water and lets race, that should solve it all.

i don't take caffeine pills lol.

buck440
02-26-2011, 09:23 PM
well your opinion is just that, too bad it has no facts behind it, and the risk , not just having to pee, can cause distractions and have effects which can and will put yourself and other at risk.

the people who are sponsored buy the energy drinks is just that, paid to be see with it. look at any sport, football, wrestling ever see any of those teams or people drinking caffeine.

im not stating facts just opinions and what i read. as for the (other) sports i can't watch them 24/7 so i cant tell what they put in their systems obviously..how dumb of a question was that. maby we would have a few less (put them in your prayers) threads if they had some.

i do not mean drink caffeine before every ride btw.

250x_kyle
02-26-2011, 10:21 PM
maby we would have a few less (put them in your prayers) threads if they had some.

you sir are a tool.

QuadJunkies
02-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Buck... go back and read what your posting. You speak of threads..posts.. and needless ones at that. Well.. ...your making no sense

Just saying ..:o

blaster12s
02-26-2011, 11:25 PM
pissing match..

TheLane
02-27-2011, 01:16 AM
\

the stickers were kinda sarcastic for the dumb ****s that couldn't pick up on that.

Didnt you say at the beginning of this thread that " a badass set of graphics can help pump you up imo. caffeine is no joke. every extreme athlete you see on tv is sponsored by this energy drink on that drink. why do you think that is, hmmmm caffeine! im not sure if you think i'm joking or not but read up on caffeine."

Where was the sarcasm you spoke of for the "dumb asses" that couldnt pick up on that statement?

im starting to feel a bit confused.

edit: i might be a dumbass for doing it, but i still love my redbull before my rides :P....but im also an alchoholic so..........dont take my word on what best for your body.

buck440
02-27-2011, 07:27 AM
i'm done with this. let's mature up people, including me. if it helps you, drink it. if it doesn't, don't. it's all good. i feel bad we ruined this guys thread. pm me if you want to continue this. sorry about this thelane.

wilkin250r
02-27-2011, 12:04 PM
What people are saying, and what I was implying by asking about your medical expertise, is that you don't really know all the various complex chemical changes and effects of caffeine.

In reality, caffeine isn't really a powerful diuretic. Medical studies indicate that it takes a huge amount of caffeine to have a significant diuretic effect. A typical soda has about 40-50mg of caffeine, a typical energy drink has about 140mg of caffeine, but diuretic effects aren't significant until about 350+ milligrams. If you're drinking soda to reach that level (over eight cans of soda), the increased liquid intake will be much more significant than the diuretic effects, as far as urination.

However, caffeine DOES increase the amount of fatty acids in your blood, which decreases blood viscosity (makes it thicker), and caffeine also increases blood pressure.

Arm pump isn't completely understood, but it's generally accepted that your blood is coming in faster than it's going out, causing a build-up of blood in all the tiny blood vessels throughout your arms. Thicker blood and increased blood pressure because of caffeine are only going to make this problem worse.

Wired
02-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Most important thing to remember when it comes to freestyle.....

argue over caffeine! LMAO

i do this before all of my runs. man it gets me pumped!!!

Tommy Warren
02-28-2011, 05:53 PM
your really annoying....just sayin:bandit:

MX MaNiAc 06
02-28-2011, 07:01 PM

Arm pump isn't completely understood, but it's generally accepted that your blood is coming in faster than it's going out, causing a build-up of blood in all the tiny blood vessels throughout your arms. Thicker blood and increased blood pressure because of caffeine are only going to make this problem worse.

Caffeine is a vasodilator. More blood flow=more cells to the muscles=more pump! Caffeine is great for packing on muscle at the gym but could be your worst enemy in a motocross race!

Alright guys, back on topic. It's been killing me that forum has died. Ive tried to bring it back a bunch of times. Quad fmx is a very rapidly growing sport! First quad backflip in 04 and ive lost count of how many guys are flipping these days. Don't forget that Caleb and a few other nutcases have thrown in a bunch of variations in their flips!

wilkin250r
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Wired
Most important thing to remember when it comes to freestyle.....

argue over caffeine! LMAO

i do this before all of my runs. man it gets me pumped!!!

What do YOU know about freestyle? :p

QuadR8cer12
03-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Jon listens to Celine Dion - "My Heart Will Go On" every time before he goes to flip. It gets him super pumped!

Never let go Jon!

Ichoptop
03-01-2011, 08:56 AM
wow....thank god I think freestyle is pretty lame.

TheLane
03-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
wow....thank god I think freestyle is pretty lame.

Well noone asked you!:macho :p

I prefer to get rick rolled before every session.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6793/sponsorb.png (http://img156.imageshack.us/i/sponsorb.png/)